Chapter Thirty-Four

I'd never given much thought as to how I would lose my virginity. 

A part of me always thought that my deflowering would occur on my wedding night, in some king bed located in the tropics. I always thought that my husband would shed my last ounce of innocence while we listened to the waves crash on the shore. My old self thought that would be romantic, but now I knew that it was unrealistic.

Still, never in a million years did I imagine that I would lose my virginity now. 

In a barn.

But I did. 

It wasn't gentle and sweet. Hell, it wasn't even romantic. Chance wasn't the hearts and flowers type in general, so he definitely wasn't like that in bed.

Losing my virginity to Chance Burke was rough and gritty, yet still fucking incredible.

My confusion was masked by his experience. His direction made up for my lack skill. At first I was nervous, but his deft fingers made me forget all of my worries. He did things to me that made me lose my train of thought. Things that had me gasping his name while my heart pounded in my chest.

Finally the time came when there was nothing in between us. Chance slid inside me with one powerful stroke. My breath hitched, and, for a moment, I stopped breathing. My eyes met his. No words were exchanged, but I knew his every thought just by looking into his cerulean irises. 

He assaulted me with his lips while he let the lower part of me adjust to him. The discomfort in that region soon faded, though. Feeling brave, I lifted my hips, burying him even deeper inside me.

His eyes closed and his jaw clenched. When they opened, there was only one emotion to be seen. 

Want. 

He pulled out, and then thrusted into me. My muscles clenched at the foreign feeling. He thrusted again. And again. 

A sheen of sweat covered our bodies. My breath came out fast and uneven. Thank god the mattress beneath us wasn't one a spring board because then everyone downstairs would have heard us.  

 "Chance, " I gasped. My hands grasped his shoulders, nails tracing his bronzed skin.

"Fuck, Piper. You feel so good," Chance whispered as he continued to pound into me. 

My climax was building. My own hips met Chance tempo, and this time he was the one who groaned. With one final thrust, my world shattered. My muscles clenched and my body shook. I shut my eyes, relishing in the momentary bliss. The orgasm was unlike anything I'd ever felt before. 

Blindly, I heard Chance find his release. His hands gripped the sheets next to my head and every muscle in his abdomen clenched. Vaguely, I was aware of him talking, but I didn't comprehend what he said.

I was too far gone. I had already fallen into a beautiful, black abyss.

**************************************

I awoke to Cooper's loud, obnoxious laugh. "Looks like you two got busy last night."

I bolted upright. The bright light assaulted my eyes and I had to blink several times in order for them to adjust. For a moment, I forgot where I was. But then I remembered the events of last night, and I gasped. 

We were still in the barn, and I was still on the ratty twin mattress. Chance lay asleep beside me, with only a pillow covering his junk. My eyes lingered for a moment, but soon focused on myself.

 The only thing separating my naked body from the world was a thin, cotton sheet. I clutched at the white material and brought it closer to my frame. My face flamed bright red from embarrassment.