Chapter Twenty-Six

For some reason the spacing got all screwed up on this chapter. I apologize in advance!

**********************

The tempo was slow at first.

Chance's lips were soft and subtle against my skin. His hands came to rest on my hips and I buried my fingers in his hair. The temperature had risen twenty degrees in two seconds.

Gradually, our speed increased. For once, Chance let me take control of the situation.

Making sure to steer clear of his hip wound, I tugged Chance towards the California King bed in my room. Our lips never broke contact when I pushed him down on the Egyptian cotton sheets. I could feel the sharp rise of fall of Chance's chest beneath mine.

Briefly, I pulled away and my hands grabbed the hem of my t-shirt. I whipped it over my head, leaving me in only my bra.

For a moment, surprise flickered through Chance's eyes. But then his gaze dropped, and lust flooded his irises. I could feel his growing bulge between my hips. It only heightened my own arousal.

Chance shrugged out of his own shirt, revealing his chiseled abs and toned pectorals. Warmth flooded through me. My fingers shot out and trailed down his skin. Chance's breath hitched, and suddenly he flipped me beneath him.

"My turn," he whispered, his voice heavy with want.

He pressed his body against me . Thin fabric separated our sexes, but I could feel just how big and ready he was.

My panties were soaked, and a low moan escaped my lips. Idly, I hoped Cooper wasn't near by.

One of Chance's hands came up and cupped my breast. He gave a gentle squeeze and I moaned again. His lips moved to my neck, kissing and sucking my skin. I'd never had a hickey before, but I knew they'd be all over my neck tomorrow morning.

His lips trailed even further. Suddenly they connected with the swell of my breast. My fingers buried themselves in the sheet as a slow shudder racked my body.

"You're so beautiful, Piper," Chance said in between kisses.

One of his hands moved to undo his belt. Something snapped inside me.

I froze.

Chance noticed my shift in demeanor immediately.

"What's wrong?"

I was mortified. My cheeks were crimson, and my breaths were coming out far too fast.

"I-I'm not ready."

Understanding dawned on Chance. Before I could explain myself further, he rolled off of me.

I sat up. "It's just...I've never... I'm a v-"