Random Filler Arc 2!

Akira’s POV

After getting home from Naruto’s, I not only got a lecture but I was grounded for three days…it would have been longer but I also swore to give up +ramen for the duration of my punishment, that and he doesn’t want my boredom creating dangerous ideas.

So I sat in my room contemplating the meaning of my life and this eventually led to new ideas that Kakashi would disapprove of. I flipped through my notebook and came across one of my earlier ideas. It was just after I had gotten the notebook and returned from the Akatsuki. But first I would need to get my hands on that weird paint they used so often.

So escape plan number 23 will be tested today. I thought closing my book. I made the hand sign for the clone jutsu, they weren’t solid like Naruto’s but as long as Kakashi just checked in on me it should be fine.  Next to get past the dogs, I thought peering into the garden where they sat waiting to raise the alarm. I opened my window.

“Pakkun, can I borrow you for a minute?”

He jumped onto the tallest dog before leaping gracefully through my window. “Alright, what do you want kid?”

“I feel like I’ve been crated, please let me out. I’ll give each of you a steak and brush you thoroughly and everything.”

“Well, I see you’ve already planned to leave.”He said sniffing at my clone. “So even if I don’t help and get the reward you’ll leave and I won’t get the reward, right?”

“Basically.”

He stared at me for a moment before, “Alright. I’ll tell the others. Be ready for the signal.”

I nodded picking up an empty backpack and my wallet. A low howl was heard, time to move, I thought leaping out my window into the bushes, I avoided the house windows and the street as I ran through town.

I scanned shop after shop but couldn’t find the thing I needed. I spotted Sakura not too far away and thought it couldn’t hurt to ask her.

“Hey Sakura.” I called waving and running to her.

“What’s up, Akira? Is something wrong?”

“No, well kinda, I need to find something. Can you help?”

“Sure, what is it?”

“Its this weird paint stuff that comes in a small bottle.”

I tilted my head, I almost wish I could save this reaction in an album, she was staring at me with a very puzzled expression. “Um, what? Paint that comes in a small bottle? Do you mean wall paint, or artist paint?”

“Do you put that on your nails?”

“What?” I swear her reaction was getting more hysteric with every question I asked. “No, what are you talking about?”

“I dunno, that’s why I’m asking. All I know is that it goes on your nails, turns them different colors, makes them shiny and it comes with its own mini brush.”

A flash of enlightenment hit her, “You mean nail polish?”

“Does that come in colors?”

She sighed dragging me through town to a small store that sold all amounts of girl needs and in the window were the small bottles of amazing color. One look at the store though and I knew it would be ruining my hard earned reputation to enter it.

“Sakura?” She hummed in response, staring at a small pink clip also on display. “You mind going in there and buying as many bottles of the stuff as you can? Here’s the money.” I said placing the money in her hand.