Why Akira's Not Allowed to Go Outside.

So there are approximately only 10 more chapters left. Still unsure if I will make a sequel in Shippuden or not.  Update: I have made a sequel it is available on the profile

Akira's POV

So after eliminating 4 of the 6 chemicals, I was left with two that could be mixed with, hopefully, stable results. One chemical was some weird light blue slime and the other was a vibrant green with bubbles in it. I didn't want to touch them with my bare hands so I just slid a bit of the slime and a bit of the green bubbly stuff onto the rock. They fizzed as they met but otherwise it was a fairly clean reaction. I picked up the stick and began stirring them together until they formed a weird looking paste. Suffio looked at it once before turning up her nose.

"Are you really going to put that on your skin?"

"Yeah, at least for the first trial."

"First trial?" She asked worriedly.

"Don't worry about it." I resetting my bones before using the stick to wipe the paste over my hand. We sat in silence, me observing the area to make sure nothing bad was happening and Suffio glancing from me to the river. I could have sworn she was tempted to pick me up and throw me in.

She finally seemed to get bored and huffed. "Well?"

"It didn't work." I wiped the paste off, smearing a bit between my fingers. "Huh, that's weird."

"What is?"

"Well, it's no longer fizzing for one. And it also seems to be kinda edible looking. Like a soft candy you get from the store."

"Do. Not. Eat. It." She hissed between clenched teeth glaring at me.

"But what if eating it is the way to get healed?"

"No!" She rose to her feet. "I am not allowing you to- you just licked it didn't you..."

"Actually no I didn't. I was smelling it, it smells like candy."

She took a few deep breaths, "Just don't eat it okay?"

"I make no promises." I said crawling to a bunch of beetles and dropping some of the 'healing candy'. They ate it and some carried bits away but none died, some ants also ate a bit and were perfectly healthy. Well, I'm not exactly structured as a beetle or ant is so maybe I need to find a mammal?

I scanned the clearing before finding a field mouse, Suffio watched in amusement as I went about leaping after it. I jarred my broken hand a few times but managed to scramble after it. I finally caught it in my hands and gave it a bit of the healing candy. I had faith that nothing bad would happen and I was right.

I glanced at Suffio proudly, and she sighed. "Alright, alright. Just eat it already."

I smiled before taking a small amount out of the bowl, I rolled it into a ball about the size of a pea. I exchanged a last look with a regretful Suffio before swallowing my 'healing candy'.

Naruto's POV

"...So Akira ran out of here because he didn't want to tell me he was dying?!"

Jiraiya leaned back solemnly, "Yep that's what he told me. He said 'don't let Naruto know.' But for the past while it's been dicey so I thought it would be good for you to know."

My face showed exactly how horrified I was. Akira was dying!?

"Since when? How long? When will he..." I shook my head. "Why didn't he want to tell me? I'm his friend, I should know these things."

I began tearing at my hair, sitting on the ground of our hotel room. Jiraiya winced visibly looking towards the door, as though guilty and wishing for escape.