Runaway

**Copyrights go to the original creator of Naruto, I just added in Akira and changed a few things everything else remains his**

Originally published on Quizilla: 2009

Published on Wattpad: Sept. 2011 

Show the love. Support me at my patreon: https://www.patreon.com/eve066

Akira's POV

"Don't even think about trying to run, you stupid kid." The man's voice was only a few meters away now.

His voice was gruff and the laborous breaths weren't helping. They had cornered me before but with a bit of ingenuity I had slipped away. Not without scrapping my knees after an ill performed barrel roll that is.

The man raised a kunai horizontal to his chest, posed to throw it. My attention slipped as I broke one of the number one rules of running; don't ever look back.

He threw the kunai just as I tripped over a root. The leaves slid out from under my hands. I looked up to see the kunai lodged deep into a nearby tree.

Well, that was lucky. But now he's closer.  I stood up once more to run. I needed a way to lose these people, a way to be free and out of danger. I couldn't go back, not now, not ever.

As I was running another man jumped down from the tree next to me and grabbed a good fistful of my hair. He dragged me back to the other man who was standing with what victorious eyes. I could have sworn he was smirking but I couldn't really tell, his mouth was horribly disfigured beyond recognition.

My tolerance for my life so far was thinning, leaving me with only pure impulses. Screw thinking things over rationally, my head was pounding as I was literally dragged across the ground. I knew this headache wasn't just going to go away, the causes were to influential. Mainly 1) Dehydration: I haven't had anything to drink since I started running 2 days ago and 2) this guys grip on my hair was painful. I felt like every last follicle of hair was being ripped out through the scalp.

"Finally, we got her. The boss will definitely be happy to see this." The man approached me as I stared at the ground. I think I'll call him Idiot#1; it's just easier this way.

I heard, more than saw, him walking towards me. I steeled myself for yet another impulsive move. Once I could see his boots I tried to kick-out at them but that only earned me a sore back as I was lifted by his friend, or Idiot#2 in my mind. I was airborne for about 2 seconds before hitting the ground. Hard. No soft landing for me. I lay there momentarily as the air was pushed from my lungs. I tried not to gasp or show pain but a few swift intakes of air were all the proof they would need, they had hurt me, and they were proud of it.

But my god that killed, now I'm in even worse shape than before. I groaned in my mind trying to get rid of the pain.  That could have gone just slightly better. Okay, new plan! and... I got nothing. Great. Way to think this one out. Come on, think. What do you know about the enemy in front of you?

They smell bad, they tire easily, they hate me, then again a lot of people do, they...look dumb? Do looks even contribute to intellect? Seeing as I have no idea, I'm going to say no and cancel that 'fact'.

As I lay there on the ground thinking of ways to escape and failing miserably, I decided to observe them for a bit longer to see if there was any other bit of info I could get. Besides, if I got away and if I met them again I would know more about them and have an advantage.

Idiot #1, had a sturdy build and a deep voice. He could have been in his early 30's. He didn't seem that bright though, in fact he seemed downright stupid with the way he was arguing with Idiot #2. The other though seemed more of a strategist, a thinker, it was probably him that thought to ambush me. Also in his early 30's He had the build of a runner.