Training and Meetings; Life with the Akatsuki

Dear Kakashi,

I have the regrettable duty of telling you some bad news. It deals with Akira. I think you can tell where this is going to go. In any case, she’s been taken. At the moment we have no information on her whereabouts. I hope you can forgive me and continue buying my books.

If you think this is rather heartless of me as a certain blonde ninja does, I have some information you may want to know. Akira has been able to contact me through a small dragon. I know I seem insane but Naruto vouched for it. Apparently she has gained their trust and is learning their techniques as we speak. In a few days she says she will have their weaknesses and leave. Each day around sunset I’m supposed to look to the East and I suggest you keep your eye aimed that way as well.

I heard you had a run in with Itachi and Kisame, Get well soon.

Sincerely,

Jiraiya.

P.S The kid is still clueless about Akira’s gender.

P.S.S. I hope Gai managed to get Sasuke back safely and explained what happened. If not I will be willing to talk to you upon our arrival with Tsunade.

Kakashi’s POV

Anger welled up inside me. I told him, I told him specifically to watch out for her and what happens she gets kidnapped. I sighed. She had damn well be safe, but what is she thinking? She can’t possibly believe the Akatsuki will just let her train with them. She should just wait for the Anbu to get her back. It’s their job to gather intelligence as dangerous as this; it’s not the place for a 13 year old. I struggled to get out of bed. I have to get her myself. I managed to get my feet onto the cold floor before Gai rushed in to the room.

“Kakashi I- what the blazes are you doing? You shouldn’t move yet! Nurse! Nurse!” He scolded helping me back into bed.

“What seems to be the problem? Oh Kakashi. You shouldn’t move yet, you’re still weak from the genjutsu.”

“Why would you even try something like this? You, of all people, know your limits.” Gai said standing next to the window.

“My window.” I said raising peculiar looks from both the nurse and Gai. “It faces North.”

The nurse and Gai exchanged a look before the Nurse excused herself to get the doctor. Apparently I seemed a bit ‘out if it’.

“Gai,” I started as soon as she left the room. “Akira’s been kidnapped. Were you aware of this?”

He gulped audibly, “I uh might have been. I was just worried about your health so I didn’t tell you. But don’t worry the Anbu have gone after her.”

“That could be worse.”

“What?”

“At the moment she is playing into the demands of the Akatsuki, if she’s not careful enough she could be given the title rogue nin and a criminal code.”

“I’m sure that won’t happen and even if it does she’ll be fine. We can appeal to the counsel, I’m sure others will back her up.”

“You’re right, but I can’t sit still knowing she’s with them.”

“I understand but the best you can do is rest. The doctor will deal with you in a minute you’re strange rambling seemed to have unnerved the nurse.”

“Yes I guessed it would have. Do you think I could switch rooms though? I want a window facing east.”

Akira’s POV