Meeting Gai

Sakura’s POV

I lay down in my bed freshly showered and changed, exhausted from the trip, ‘Akira’s been hiding her gender from us, what else is she hiding? What is she running from? Why can’t the others know? What if she’s a criminal!?’

I stood up and started pacing my room. Akira’s been a good friend so far but what if it was all an act just to get us to trust her? I should inform the hokage.’

I walked to my door. ‘No I can’t do that. Akira told me not to tell, her eyes…they only held the truth and her own fear. That’s it, at the first sign that Akira’s distrustful I’ll turn her in.’ With that I fell back into my bed shutting off my lamp before drifting off to sleep.

Akira’s POV

I woke up and realized that today was the start of my home imprisonment. Great, 4 weeks of sheer boredom. I sighed to myself before slowly getting up. I could smell the instant ramen coming from the kitchen. ‘At least I have that to look forward to.’

I had just finished getting ready for the day when a knock came at the door. I heard Kakashi go to answer it and was about to ignore whatever was going on when I heard a booming voice echo through the house challenging Kakashi to some sort of fight. ‘Now this I gotta see.’

Kakashi’s POV

‘I knew I would regret opening the door. Why did he have to visit? Oh well nothing to worry about, Akira’s asleep anyways.’

“What do you want Gai?” I stared with half-interest.

“Hello, Kakashi. I heard you were back in town, so I’m here to challenge you to another youthful competition.” Gai flashed his usual blinding smile.

“Well I was about to have breakfast so can this wait until a later time?” I asked calmly.

His face fell, “Oh, sorry my rival I will allow-”

He had suddenly stopped talking and started staring confusedly at something behind me. I quickly turned my head to see Akira staring at Gai blankly from the top of the stairs. ‘This is what I was hoping wouldn’t happen.’

Gai robotically turned his head in my direction, “Kakashi why is there a young kid in this house? Why didn’t you tell me! We could have gotten you help before it got this far! My eternal rival, I cannot bear to keep this a secret. I had no idea you were into young children.”

At this point Gai had streams of tears running down his face, Akira had fallen down the stairs from laughing so hard and I was just thankful the door was closed. I glared at Gai while trying to ask Akira to tell him the real story, at this rate I doubt he’d accept anything I’d say, but as my luck would have it Akira was laughing too hard to explain anything. ‘Great…now what do I do?’

“Gai stop trying to leave. We’ll,” I picked up the still laughing Akira “explain everything, after breakfast that is. Come on Gai.”