Sasuke's an Eavesdropper

Kakashi’s POV

Akira still hasn’t come back yet. Sakura’s completed her training and Sasuke and Naruto are nearly done. He’ll fall behind the team at this rate.’ I sighed and stared into the forest willing Akira to appear… He never did…

Akira’s POV

It’s been 4 days since I was kidnapped. Kakashi’s going to kill me when and if I get back. I wandered around my room for the 17th time that day.

‘I have to leave, as much as I like Haku and even Zabuza has been nicer to me but I have to leave. Okay, Haku just left to get herbs. Zabuza’s stuck in bed. If I’m going to leave I should leave now, but Zabuza said Haku was happier now then he has been in a long time…Argh I don’t know what to do.’

I dropped in the center of the room and stared at the blank ceiling.

‘I want to go outside again.’ I used to hate being locked up back home, even now I crave sunlight and seeing the sky. I raised my hands almost wishing I could paint a sky onto the white ceiling.  My two hands both bandaged still from training with Ibiki all those days ago.

‘I guess they’re healed now…I should probably take the bandages off.’ I sat up and started to unwind them. I stared at my now bare hands clenching and unclenching my fists.

‘It feels weird not being constricted as much.’ I turned my hands so the palms faced up.

 Small scars and soft new skin weaved across my hands. I remembered training with Ibiki it had been hard and he didn’t go easy on me but I stayed and tried. I remembered Kakashi and Sasuke bandaging them. I wanted to catch up to the others and Naruto. I met Kakashi and was taken into a village that doesn’t know who I am they asked almost no questions and trusted me. I want to go back. That village is more of a home than my country ever was.

I got up walked to the desk in the room and wrote a note before walking through Haku’s door and out through the front one.

‘Time to go. I don’t know where I am but if I head south I should reach the village or at least that’s the direction we were heading before I got taken.’

I jumped down from the crazy cone like house and started to run off into the forest hoping that I wouldn’t run into Haku.

I ran for a few hours before finally reaching a clearing. The trees had lines cut into them going up to a little more than halfway. I walked over and saw footprints running towards the base of the tree. They were kids footprints, 3 pairs of them by the looks of it meaning…The others were here and keep coming here. I’m close!

I got back up and followed the prints as best as I could back to the house getting lost only a few times probably Naruto running around.

I broke out of the forest and ended up stumbling before falling forward on my knees tired from running and happy that I had finally reached people.