The Consequences of Blowing Yourself Up

Akira’s POV

‘So, apparently blowing yourself up is one of the best ways to end up stuck in a bed for three days and be out of it for about 2 of them. If I had known that, I would have hidden myself farther from the explosion site.’

At the moment I was talking to Inari. He kept going on and on about how cool Naruto had been along with my awesome explosion, which I did advise against doing. He nodded rapidly; my advice was hard to ignore seeing as I had the cuts, scrapes and burns to show the damages.

Eventually our conversation turned to lighter subjects. Inari had apparently become good friends with Ageha and the other children in the village. He also said that there were rumors flying about an orphanage being built in the future. We chatted well into the afternoon and before we knew it the others had come home from the bridge.

Kakashi opened the door to the room and the moment he did Inari shuffled out like his life depended on it, which it very well might have. I cringed as Kakashi shut the door quickly and with mild annoyance.

“So, you’re up?” Kakashi crossed his arms as he remained stationary near the door.

“Yeah, so umm how much trouble am I in?” I nervously rubbed the back of my head with my bandaged hand.

Kakashi stared intently at it before looking me in the eyes, “Well, you managed to blow up a rather large segment of bridge that needed to be repaired, you nearly got yourself killed, you wasted, how many paper bombs?”

I winced, “About 36? Maybe more…uh how many are in two packs again?”

His visible eye twitched, “You wasted 50 paper bombs, you made everyone worry about you after you ‘died’ falling off the bridge, you were unconscious for 2 days, you have numerous burns, you managed to get yet another cut on your hand and you allowed many villagers to capture dangerous criminals and turn in the rewards to construct and orphanage.”

I looked up as his tone softened. His eye held less anger but he still looked like he was going to punish me.

“So, what’s my punishment this time?” I asked quietly.

“I’m thinking that it should be no ramen for a week while being grounded for a month, what do you think it should be?” He walked over and took a fresh roll of bandages from the side table along with some anti-bacterial lotion.

“I think, that I could live with the grounding, maybe, but please don’t take away the ramen. What are we going to live off of if we get rid of it?” I slowly unwrapped my hand, making my way up my forearm.

Kakashi watched as all the burns began to show, “I’m surprised you can move that arm at all. Also I think you’re right, maybe I’ll just ground you or should I hand you over to Ibiki when we get back. I think 3 days of training should suffice.”

My eyes widened as I thought about the mind games he would torture me with, “Uhh let’s not. Do you know when I’ll be out of bed?”