What did I do?

Akira’s POV

I rushed past the crowds of people in the street and into the Hokage building. I stopped in front of the door suddenly unsure of what to do and what I was about to set up. I shook my head, clearing all rational doubt and knocked as the first step to my plan. A resounding ‘come in.’ followed and I hesitantly opened the door.

“Ah Akira, and what trouble are you in today?” He smiled lightly.

“No trouble but I want to make a request.” I said stepping inside and closing the door, looking around for anyone else. I never want to be a leader; it seems like too much paper work.

His eyebrow rose before he nodded at me to continue. “Alright, what is it?”

“Gramps, I want to speak to Yukari and Misaki’s sensei.”

His pipe fell out of his hand hitting the desk as his eyes widened, “Ar-Are you sure about this Akira? I mean she’s not in the perfect state of mind to listen to you. She may take offense, thinking you’re pitying her and if that happens she won’t think twice about attacking you. Her students were her family after all.”

“I know, that’s why I think she needs to know the whole story. So, can I see her?”

He thought for a moment before picking his pipe up, “Well, I don’t know. I will request an audience between herself and you but I will have a few of my guards nearby in case something goes wrong. Is that fine with you?”

“Perfectly. Thanks Gramps. See ya later.” I walked out the door, breathing deeply; now that that’s done I should probably go train or something.  I walked towards a secluded training ground not far from training ground 66. It was in the shadow of the mountain so even on hot days it was pleasant to train in.

A few hours of training later and an anbu came to get me. He spoke very little but said I was to meet with the Hokage and a lady named Nerika Otoyami. I ran quickly to the arranged meeting place which was an empty room within the Hokage’s tower. I slowed my steps before reaching the door and calmly thought of what needed to be said. She’s probably heard a million rumors and I wouldn’t doubt that one said I had killed Misaki. I knocked on the door before walking in, seeing a nice looking lady in her late twenties, some guards and Gramps. The lady seemed disgusted by my very existence, wrinkling her nose and looking away.

Gramps was the first to speak, “Alright, Now that everyone is present I suppose I’ll begin with introductions and a brief reason why you’re here.” He nodded towards me, “This is Akira. He was the one assigned to your team temporarily for the chunin exams.” The lady’s eyes widened before snapping her head to look at me. Her eyes were puffy from recent tears and it didn’t help that her brown eyes seemed to be blaming me for something I had no control over.

“Now it was Akira’s wish that you hear him out on what really happened in the forest. Akira this is Nerika-sensei, you may start if you wish.”

I nodded not really knowing what to say, she was their sensei, she lost 2 students in a month to death and one to insanity, two of which were my fault. “I suppose I should start with my opinions… Misaki was really nice, I thought that if I had a sister I’d want her to be like Misaki. I even looked up to her just a bit. She treated me fairly and like I was a part of the team. Yukari, well she hated me basically from the start. Her temper was annoying and sometimes terrifying but I think she was a good person…kinda.”