Chapter 34- A New Dawn

"Well this is it Ash one last battle one on one to decide who's the better trainer,"

"I known you for a long time since the first day we met in Sinnoh"

"Yeah, let the better trainer win. No matter what we'll never forget each other,"

Ash called out Lucario, Dawn summoned Giratina. Lucario dashed at Giratina and punched it's armor repeatedly. The Giratina was unaffected, he screeched and knocked him off his feet. Lucario hyper punched Giratina back and jumped on top of his head pounding furiously on his skull. Giratina shook him off and slammed him into the ground and hammered him with is pincers. Lucario's skin tore up and blood smeared on the floor.  Lucario broke free from Giratinas grasp and jumped on top of the dragon; he used his aura sphere and pounded the dragon into the floor.

"I won't lose that easily Ash,"

Giratina screeched furiously rolled over, knocking Lucario off and slashed him with his dragon claws. Lucario was critically hit in the arm. He held onto his arm trying to put pressure on the deep wound; It bled uncontrollably and the wound prevented him from moving his right arm.

"Well Ash looks like there's only one thing left to do"

The world shook, clouds circled the stadium and large portals opened into the reversal the world. The portals and thunder clouds fused with Giratina and made him stronger than ever. Lucario jumped back calmed himself down and used his aura. A small aura sphere ball appeared in his hand. The ball began to grow and grow until it towered over both pokemon. Lucario and Giratina charged at one another and crashed into each other in a symphony of thunder and fire in a struggle for supremacy. The stadium glowed in a bright orange and red smoke cloud of napalm. Giratina and Lucario performed one last push to dislodge the other opponent. Giratina broke free and unleashed all hisenergy on Lucario. A million volts of antimatter and lightning fused together. Lucario exploded in a series of sparks and explosions. Giratina flew in cricles before finally landing beside Dawn. She stood still and looked at what she had done to Lucario with remorse.

"Dawn.."

"Goodbye Ash, I'm sorry. You really looked forward to becoming a master.."

The audience clapped at the spectacular battle. Cynthia approached Dawn and congratulated her.

She led Dawn into the a gate at the side of the stadium, through a hallway that led to a large computer that covered a entire wall with wiring and a bright screen.

"Put your name in the hall of fame Dawn and register your pokemon,"

Ash walked inside after Dawn to see the hall of fame; If he had won this would've have been the place Ash wanted to sign his name in. Dawn finished registering herself in the hall of fame and cried.

"What's the matter Dawn?"

"Ash I'm sorry.."

"For what? You deserved this.. you earned it,"

"It's not that, it's what I'm going to do that I'm apologizing for,"

"What's that?" Cynthia asked.

"This," a voice cried out

Cynthia sensed something and pushed Ash out of the way. A blade flew at them hitting Cynthia and piercing her internal organs.

"Cynthia.. Cynthia.."

"I'm sorry Ash.."

A large serpent slithered into the hallway hissing in satisfaction at the bloody site. Anthony stood beside Dawn and petted her while Dawn stood still and her eyes became blood red.

"Dddawn what did you do..."

"I wanted to tell you.. But I couldn't I'm one of them Ash.."

"Now nothing stands in my way,"

"Yes, nothing.." Dawn turned away so she couldn't look Ash in the eye.

Anthony petted her softly stroking her hair to calm her down. Dawn opened a portal to the reverse world and through it the two escaped. Ash ignored what happened and tried to stop Cynthia's bleeding; Several nurses rushed in to help.

"What happened,"

"She's hurt and the bleeding won't stop,"

Nurse joy checked her pulse "No at this rate we'll lose her in seconds quick, Audino heal her,"

"No. wait" another Nurse joy interrupted.

Nurse joy checked Cynthia's post again."Her pulse. it's gone.."

The Nurse joys and Ash carried her off to a miserable two hour trip to the center. Ash sat in one of the chairs listening to the conversation of multiple trainers that gathered to see what had happened to Cynthia. There was a tall, beard trainer and a small shy one that caught his attention; The dialogue th two were sharing seemed interesting.

"So Dawn was in on it too?" the tall one said.

"It appears that's exactly what happened. The evil team Renegade must have took weeks to plan this assassination. Who would have expected one o the trainers to win the league and suddenly out of no where murder the champion?" the short one said.

"I'm surprised the security didn't do something that is fishy,"

"Well. If Dawn is a member then there's a likely chance that some of the security was a part of the plot too.."

"Interesting and what about Ash? Will he stop them?"

"Well with Dawn gone he is the only valid champion left. But his entire group of friends has been.. Well it will take time for him to recover.. time we might not have,"