Chapter 15- Battle of Eden

The   snow blew fiercely, whipping against the tent. Piplup and Pikachu rushed  to the side of the tent keeping it up. Many feared the tent would blow  away, but after a few minutes the wind calmed down. It had been the fifth  time the wind blew fiercely like this during their journey. “The  winds calmed d, it’s safe to travel again.” Ash  zipped open the tent and everyone headed out. It’s been days since he  began this journey, but he had much more strife to endure. Cynthia  stepped out of her tent slowly wrapping a scarf around her. She brought  out her  cane and stomped through the snow. “I will be fine” Cynthia said  countering Ash’s worry. “This way, to the next city Newport,” Dawn  directed. They hiked past a trail into the route leading to Newport.  Dawn collapsed onto the snow; Ash ran toward her “Are you okay?” Dawn  shook him off her. “I’m fine don’t worry about me.”  She  trudged on through the snow. “What’s gotten into Dawn?” Ash whispered to  Iris. “She’s gone through much Ash. She wants to prove to people how  good a trainer she is.” Cynthia interrupted “I  felt like this  before, the shame of not living up to someone you admire; It’s a powerful  grievance, with only one  cure.” “What’s the cure Cynthia?” Iris  asked.  “The chance to prove how worthy you are. When  you're cured, it’s a great feeling that helps make you a better trainer.”  Dawn suddenly stopped cold in her feet at the edge of the path then  bolted off into the distance. The group ran after her. Ash managed to catch up with  her  near  the outskirts of a town with Gracidea  flowers blooming.  “This city...,”  “Do you remember Ash? Do you remember him?” Ash nodded “Lets keep  going” he told her, continuing his march into town. Dawn’s expression became  more serious the closer they got to the gym. “I miss Shaymin, I miss  everyone. I miss a lot of people I  met on my journey.  But I can’t let it be a burden to me. No matter where we go, no matter  where we part. They will always be in my heart.” “You must  be sad that  they're not here anymore. But you're also cheerful, always  trying to move on. I wish to be like you Ash,” Dawn smiled. The group reached   a building surrounded by an amazing garden  with a bright pouring brass fountain in the middle. “Here is your gym  Dawn. It’s time to put your training to the test." "I’ll do my best” Dawn bowed to everyone and got inside the gym. The  gym leader stepped forward to greet the group. She was a women in a  coat and green-black outfit with brown hair. “Hello my  name is Eden. Have  you three come to battle me?” she asked excited. “I  have,” Dawn stepped  forward. “Let the battle begin then” Eden called out her pokemon a  bright green Grovyle. “This battle doesn't look good for Dawn. Her  Piplup is a water type after all,” Iris groaned.  Cynthia  shook her head  “Don’t underestimate the passion Dawn has,” Cynthia  lectured. “You're right, but I think the odds are not helping her in this  battle” Iris told Cynthia worrying.  Dawn called out Piplup “Stay still Piplup until I  tell you to go,” Dawn ordered.  The Grovyle  charged at Piplup like an angry bull. “Ready...”  Piplup stood  still, ready to drill peck Grovyle. Grovyle emerged in front of  Piplup “Duck and hit him!” Dawn screamed on cue. Piplup ducked the attack,  Grovyle fell over. Piplup then rushed at Grovyle with a drill peck.  Grovyle blocked his attacks with his claw. Both pokemon were now in  fencing match. Piplup countered Grovyle and landed a critical blow into  Grovyle  causing him to collapse.  “Don’t doubt her abilities as a trainer,” Iris dropped  sweat embarrassed by Cynthia scolding her. Eden laughed “You're good,” she  pulled out another pokeball and tossed it into the air, calling out  a  Torterra which dropped onto the ground full force.  Dawn returned her  Piplup and called out Quilava. The Quilava used flamethrower on  Torterra, but the tortoise continued moving unaffected. The massive tank  simply stomped on the ground causing an earthquake. The ground shook  heavily causing Dawn’s pokemon to run for cover. “A ground type move,” Iris  shook her head in disappointment. “This can’t be over, Quilava charge at  him” Dawn yelled  through the noise. Quilava tried to focus as he was  walking toward him  dazed and dizzy by the shaking. Quilava fell “Don’t  give up, I believe  in you” Dawn’s words reached Quilava. He stood on his  feet again and stomped through the earth grasping on to  Torterra.  Quilava burned the Torterra with all his energy, scorching the entire  body. All the leaves  on Torterra began to singe and turn gray. Torterra  paused, the fire spread through out his entire body. Torterra could not  handle any more burns; he dropped like a fallen giant. Eden clapped  returning her second pokemon. “My last pokemon,” Eden searched her pocket  and pulled out a pokeball. “You've done well, but now our battle comes  to a conclusion. Are you ready?” Eden asked with a voice of slight  admiration for Dawn. “Yes,” Dawn nodded. Eden called out Servine. Both  pokemon met eye contact on one another.    Eden ordered her Servine to vine whip the Quilava; Whips circled and hit  him from all sides. A critical blow landed on Quilava causing him to  limp. Quilava limped slowly then began crawling. “Quilava,”   Quilava smiled back at Dawn. She was a great trainer to him and it was  time to serve her again in her time of need. He lunged at Servine taking  a direct blow, Quilava ignored the pain grabbing the enemy pokemon  slowly wrestling with his opponent. Both were in a struggle that would  decide the battle. For minutes the two fought fiercely dealing hand to  hand blows but then Servine slowed down his grip lightening and fainted.  “I won.” Eden approached Dawn giving her the badge. “You  deserve this,” Eden handed her the badge. Dawn smiled, Cynthia tapped her  shoulder. “How does it feel?” she asked as if knowing the answer. Dawn  laughed “Thank you for believing in me” Dawn thanked Cynthia.  

The   town sunset was a wonder of the world. Lights sparkled in the sky in  the colors of a rainbow. The group had dinner that Iris served. “Wow your  good at cooking Iris” Ash complimented. “Thank you, Cilian taught me how  to cook when you left,”  Ash noticed Dawn near the  tent looking  at the sky. He sat next to her “Congratulations on your  gym badge,” “Thanks Ash," Dawn brushed her hair a bit.  Ash sat closer to her “We only have five more to go,” Ash smiled. Dawn blushed  her scarf hid her boiling red face. She then abruptly hugged him.  “Dawn..” Ash whispered surprised. “Lets be masters of pokemon togethe,r”  Dawn whispered softly  closing her eyes. Ash nodded "Yes. together,”  

"Together....," he thought to himself.. 

There   was lightning in the distance of the shrine, but it did not strike fear,  for there was nothing to fear.  Then a voice broke the silence “How goes he search?” a  voice said from atop the shrine  . A man named Calico  appeared from the crowd of members “ We have lost two to the cultist my  master.” Calico was sweating afraid his master would punish him for  failing. He waited for a great ordeal of pain, but it did  not come.  “Master are you not pleased?” Calico became confused. “No, we  will  retrieve them from their grasps,” the master reassured. “But forgive me,  for I must relieve you of duty.” Calico was relieved but disappointed at  the same time, he left the shrine. “You may leave.”  All  members left after a few hours passed  a boy came. “You needed me?”  the boy called to master.  “Yes go retrieve the artifacts.” “Of course,” he said bowing then leaving.  The thunder continued  booming, foreshadowing a even greater omen.