Chapter 6- A Knife in the dark part 1

The mountain range was eaten alive by the massive clouds above; Hail and snow immigrated to the floor with swift frenzy. The two explorers traveled through it, their feet and hips blanketed with snow. “This blizzard is dangerous we should get to a town or someplace warm quickly,” Ash warned. They stomped the snow searching for a place to stay. “So cold,” Iris complained. “Hey do you know what happened to that strange monster we saw?” she asked. Ash continued walking through the white grass and looked back “It’s hard to say. The thing may have left either way it shouldn’t be back any time soon. Especially in weather like this,” Iris nodded.  Ash saw a cave ahead covered in snow, but warm enough to stay there for the night. “We should stay inside there,” he pointed to the cave. They dashed through the snow clumsily into the opening of the cave. “Quickly Iris, help me set up the fire,” he began rubbing two sticks he found on the groun together. He called out Turtwig to supply him wood to feed the fire; Iris had Axew start the fire. The two gathered near the campfire for warmth. Iris sat down on the floor “Hey Ash could I ask you something?” Iris questioned. “Yes?” he looked back. “You know how I’m afraid of snow..,” she whispered. “Its fine, I won’t let anything bad happen. Just go to sleep,” he reassured. “Good night Ash” Iris went to sleep. Ash shut his eyes for a moment. He woke up again in an odd environment. There was nothing but dark black shadow and whispering and small whispering, but then it got louder and louder till it echoed for miles. An enormous flash of light blinded Ash. Ash woke up again in a weird landscape unlike any other. The dirt was pitch black and the tree surrounding him were alive, black weeds that stuck up in mid air. “Hello is anyone here?” he shouted out walking through the strange world. He felt chills, the sun was strange. It was pitch black like an eclipse, but a strange one. It seemed that it was there for years since it refused to move no matter how many hours had passed. “What is this place?” “This place is our new world” a voice replied. A man came out of the pitch black trees with a darkrai. “You again, are you who I think you are?” Ash glared.    “This is Tobias: your opponent” he replied.  “Welcome to your worst nightmare” Tobias laughed his eyes flashing red glared at him. “You cannot escape,”  darkrai lunged at Ash with full force..

“Hey wake up” a woman shook Iris. “What, what happened?”  “There’s no time to explain. Quick we have to wake Ash up!” she rushed to Ash’s side and shook him. Iris noticed something familiar about the women. She wore a red winter skirt, a beanie and a Piplup was at her side. “Could it be who she thought it was?” Iris disregarded the thought and attempted to wake Ash up. 

The eclipse flashed, beams of shadow hurled across the Earth, trapping Ash into a small arena. He looked at Tobias before calling on his pokemon. 

TO BE CONTINUED