Chapter 31- Shadow within Part 2

Lucario guarded himself against Latias; The pokemon flew at Lucario.  She slowly charged herself, a few shadow balls spawned from her body and took shape into unusual missiles. The objects were black and had a pentagram carved on the side. Lucario dodged and jumped over the projectiles, Latias opened it's mouth and released a hail of bullets. Lucario ran through the chaos, bullets pounded the ground and the dirt flew up n the air. Lucario dashed through the stadium and passed Tobias. The bullets flew directly at Tobias and scraped him severely.

"Argh" Tobias groaned from his wounds and collapsed on to the floor.

Tobias crawled back and halted Latias from doing anything further. He searched through his pocket and pulled out a knife, he dug into his wounds and manually pried the bullets out of him. Ash covered his eyes the grotesque sight of blood and flesh was too much for him. Tobias successfully pulled the bullets out of his body, he then pulled out a needle and stitched his flesh together.

"I can't afford to lose especially when I put my life on the line. You probably must be wondering what I mean allow me to explain.. The power I've just received for my pokemon can only be received if you offer your soul to the master pokemon. If you win you please the master, if you lose you get eaten,"

"So you just offered yourself as lunch to this pokemon,"

"exactly,"

Latias fired several missiles at Lucario, he punched and kicked the missiles away from him. He dashed and jumped on the missiles grabbed one in his hands and threw it at Latias. A missile flew straight a her and exploded, Latias flipped in midair, lost control and crashed into the ground. Lucario stepped closer to her and finished her off with Hyper fist. The stadium lit up in a loud explosive charge that fainted Latias and blew Lucario away into the side of a hard brick wall. He recovered from the explosion and stood in a defensive position ready to fight off the next pokemon. Tobias called in his Darkrai.

"I must win this battle no matter what, even if I have to break every bone in your body doing so,"

"Sorry Tobias but we all know we can't let a shady person such as yourself become champion,"

"We'll see about that,"

Darkrai stretched his fingers, black serpents came out of him. The serpents floated directly at Lucario. Lucario poised his fist and simply karate chopped them out of his way. He ran up to Darkrai, avoiding the serpents and dealt a hyper fist blow at Darkrai in a critical area. Darkrai lost his balance and fell on to the floor. Darkrai defensively shot a shadow ball at him. The hit caused Lucario to lose consciousness and fall asleep. Darkrai readied the final blow but, Ash suddenly laughed.

"Lucario doesn't need to be awake to fight,"

Lucario glowed with aura and sensed Darkrai in front of him. Lucario grabbed the ghost and beat him to the floor. He charged a aura and Darkrai  aimed a dark ball in response. Both pokemon released blows; the stadium was lit in a frenzy of fire and explosions. A large crater was formed in the center of the stadium; smoke clouded the whole field so no one could see whether the tow pokemon had survived or not. A few minutes later the cloud cleared and revealed both Lucario and Darkrai lying flat against the floor of the crater. The referee checked the crater and the two pokemon and was able to make a conclusion.

"Both pokemon have fainted, due to the fact that Ash possesses more pokemon than the trainer Tobias Ash is the winner of the match,"

The crowd erupted into a pandemic of cheer; Ash stood humbly victorious and embracing the positive mood of the crowd for his achievement.

"You've done well Ash, good luck defeating the master,"

'What?" Ash became confused at his sudden change in personality.

"Didn't I tell you I was controlled by the master? Me and my comrades all are,"

"Ah, well thank you Tobias,"

"Yes, Ash please free us from the master.."

Tobias nodded softly and began to fade to a pile of dust that was blown into the distant sun. Ash turned around and left the stadium; The audience and the remaining trainers followed suit. Many questions were left unanswered, many about Tobias and his syndicate. That night Ash and Dawn sat together in their room discussing what tactics the two would use in future battles. Pikachu and Piplup sat together against the balcony of the room watching the moon. The moon was mysterious and what lay beyond it in the vast shadows of the universe. Like the moon the world itself had mysteries and Pikachu and Piplup wondered what awaited them in the shadows of the planet.

The master picked up a soft grain of dust. The grain was soft and precious, the soul of a man he trusted lay in it's grains. Disregarding whom it belonged to Anthony crushed it in his hands and called in a acolyte to help him. The acolyte arrived bowing before the master.

"So it appears that Tobias was defeated,"

"This is bad my lord, without Tobias we will be unable to defeat the cham-"

"No woorries I have another agent inside the league, the agent will do the dirty work for me,"

"But who? Lily and Calico aren't in the league Lucius is far too busy-"

"It's someone else" he chuckled.

"But who?"

"You'll find out.. and they'll find out but it will be too late for them,"