Cahpter 14- On My Own

The   three stepped through the thick trail together smiling and  laughing. The three were happy together finally reunited in a land far  away.  Dawn smiled happy to be with her friend again and happy in a strange vast land. “Hey Ash?” “What is it Dawn?” Ash  looked back at her. “Remember how I told you I gave up coordinating?”  she told him. “Yes Dawn,” Ash replied remembering that moment. “I meant  it, I really do want to be a trainer,” Dawn told him abruptly. “I really  want to be one. So please, will you let me battle the third gym leader  first?" Ash  surprised by her request gasped but then nodded.  “Thank you Ash” she smiled. A random clap echoed in the nearby woods.  “I admire you three, I  can see passion burn in your hearts. A fire  stronger than any other flame. A fire that cannot be extinguished.” A women emerged  from the trees in a black coat, waving her blonde hair. “Thank you too Cynthia,"   “I remembered when you were only ten. So innocent  with a passion that lay deep within the surface like a bud. Ready to  become a flower,”  Cynthia complimented. Dawn smiled  “What is  it you need Cynthia? I feel  that you might have arrived in need of help.”   She looked more like a frail 40 year old than a attractive thirty year old. “ Yes, I have come in need of help,” Cynthia sighed. “An old friend who  was like a old brother to me disappeared a long time ago. I need to find him before my time comes.  I wish not to bother you, but would you like to hear an a old women's  tale..,” she paused frowning. “It’s fine tell us more,” Ash  said holding  Cynthia up. “When I was a young girl in Sinnoh, I lived in a small town as  many of you know. In Celestic town my grandmother took good care of me.  When I was  six a spark in my life started. One that burned for a  eternity into my ripe age of 16’’ 

I  woke up to a usual day in Celestic, opened my window to see the  surrounding countryside. I wondered as always what was beyond it. The  world to me at the time was so small; It was always  the same: wake up, make your bed, and enjoy your grandmothers cooking.  When I went into the kitchen  my grandmother made  breakfast for me as usual. “Cynthia I made breakfast,” My grandmother  told me. “Thanks grandma,” I chewed it down. “I’m going to go outside  later Grandma.” She nodded, approving my  decision and I ran out the front door when breakfast was over.  When I ran out into the countryside I went to my favorite  part of town: the meadow where flowers were far as the eye could see  and the sun was the warmest in all of Sinnoh. Several pokemon jumped form the bushes and tackled me to the ground. “Hahaha stop,” I shouted at the pokemon jumping on me.  Then I heard a noise from a distance. “Go use Dragon Claw Garchomp!” I  hear a boy say shouting from a distance. I was curious and approached  the noise. “Stay here guys,” I told my pokemon.  I crawled through the  grass into a small road where I saw two boys older than me battling. A  young one with his hat sticking back and a straw in his mouth was battling with a rattata; He might have been a farmer from nearby.  The other the boy had a Garchomp and looked cute to  me. He was tall wore a dark coat, thick black hair,  optimism was written on his face and red stripes  were set along the side of his shoulders. The boy quickly defeated the  farmer with no problem. “Rats” the farmer walked away defeated. The boy  noticed me and approached. I blushed  hiding in the grass. “Hey don’t be  afraid whats your name?”  I  blushed madly but told him my  name “Ah Cynthia my name is Anthony” “So  what brings  you here?” Anthony asked me. “Um what was that thing you were doing  mister?”  Anthony laughed at me but he stopped “That was a  pokemon battle.”  “Oh whats a pokemon battle?” I became very  curious. “Well, when we and pokemon are together. We learn to create bonds  and become better friends by battling against other trainers.” he  smiled even more. “Could I ever battle?” I said. “Of course you can,”  Anthony patted my head. “Anyone can, I'll teach you”  Anthony offered me his hand. “Sure I love to” I grabbed his hand and  pulled myself out of the grass.  We began training for on 3 hours a  day. He taught me many things about battling and I learned quickly.  Each day I learned something new. I soon became a better trainer and his best friend. Anthony and I would take breaks in between our  training to exchange stories; About Sinnoh, about other  regions, about the world.  He told me he wanted to explore and I wanted  to explore with him one day. I wanted to share his dreams with him; When I  told him this he nodded at me. The next day we went to train in the  meadow again we were learning more about how to catch pokemon. “Remember  to throw the pokeball when it’s weakened,” Anthony reminded me while he  searched through the grass  for wild pokemon. “Hey Anthony,” I said almost  whispering trying to hold my excitement. “Yes?” he replied back. “My  grandmother told me about the myths and legends of the region.  Also I’m  turning ten tomorrow I was wondering if...”  I paused. “You want to  travel with me in pursuit of those legends and myths and become one  yourself?” Yes.” He then hugged me. “We will  then Cynthia” Anthony whispered in my ear. “Uh, thank you” I said to him.  My heart beat quickly. We then heard a squeal  from the grass; We dashed to the origin of  the noise. What I saw made me sick, two uniformed men were beating a  defenseless Garchomp. I saw a young Gibble next to her. “Quiet you swine”  one of the men shouted hitting the pokemon with a stick that had  electric volts sparkling out of it. Anthony called out a Garchomp. His  pokemon ran at the two men and knocked them off their feet.  “That thing has been attacking our men at base  camp. Do you expect us to do nothing about it?” he yelled. Anthony shook  his head “This Garchomp is only defending it’s offspring your base is  most likely next to one of their nests.” “Fine  we’ll move, but if that thing comes back don’t expect us to do nothing,”  the man threatened. The second man looked at the Garchomp  then  tapped  on his colleague “No need to worry. It perished,” the two  men looked  back at the mother. Anthony gasped ran to it and felt her heartbeat.  Nothing, she was gone.  The men scoffed and left, leaving us  alone with the  Gibble. I slowly pet him and took care of him for the next hours. Me and  Anthony said nothing, but he broke the silence again. “Why do you think  living beings have to die?” Anthony asked. “I don’t  know, I wish something like that never happens.”  “I’ll find a way to stop something like that from happening. I  don't know how, but I  think there may be a way to stop such a thing. If I  try, I can stop this great wrong.” I  wished him good luck. The next day Gibble became one  of my pokemon. I was ready for my journey and asked Anthony to join  me, but I couldn’t find him. My grandma later told me he left and in  advance said farewell for me to my grandma. I left in search of him, but  I  never found him. I learned from what he taught me and became a great   trainer.  

The   tents were set up and the group was ready to rest. “Now it’s time for  me to pass the torch this fire now belongs to you Ash. I want you to  become champion now, because I have much more important things to do. Like  finding him.”  Ash lifted her into the tent “And  we will, but now  you need your rest and so do we.” The  four went to sleep the whole night Ash was awake thinking about the  responsibilities he would have to take charge of; He also thought about  where Anthony could be.