Chapter 31 ~ I love you no matter what

Wilmer´s POV:

When the night comes, I feel sorry about everything. She´s hurting and I´m just judging her.

I punch the wall with my fist and mentally tell myself how fucking stupid I am.

My hands immediately grab the phone and call her. One, two, three, four, five times… But she does not reply.

I can´t help but get worried.

And I punch the wall once again, this time even harder than the first one.

“Wilmer! What the heck are you doing?” Olive storms into my room with an annoyed expression on her face.

“Olive, I messed up” I run up to her and place my hands on her shoulders. I swear to God that I´m about to cry.

“Okay, Will, calm down. What happened?” She asks. I take a deep breath and tell her everything.

Olive sighs.

“You´re so stupid… She´s probably with Jade and the others, filling her body up with that shit. Go find her right now!”

As soon as her words take place in my mind, I grab my car keys, my jacket and my phone and I leave the house as fast as I can.

I jump into my car and drive towards that stupid forest where Jade and her friends smoke.

I know exactly where it is because I used to go there too a few years ago.

I feel like my heart is about to explode. It´s beating really fast.

I start to hear voices and I immediately recognize Demi´s laughter.

I close my fists as anger starts to accumulate in my body and soul.

“Demetria!” I call her name once I´m close enough.

All the guys look at me.

“Wilmer…” She mumbles.

I walk closer to her and grab her arm.

“Let´s go” I hiss and drag her with me.

I drag her towards my car and once we´re there, I make her enter it.

When we´re both in the car, I start it up and start driving.

“Who the hell do you think you are to do that?” Demi suddenly asks. I look at her and realize she´s sober. I guess she didn´t take that much drugs today.

“I´m your boyfriend, Demi”

“No, that´s not true. You never asked me to be your girlfriend and I never said yes.”

“I care about you and I don´t want you to get fucked up with that useless shit, okay?” I say.

“Fuck you” She huffs. “No one cares about me so stop lying”

Her words make me stop the car on the side of the road. It´s one of those roads where almost no one goes.

“I do care about you, Demi!” I yell in her face. “Let me forget about my life then!” She yells back. “You think you´re my boss! You aren´t, let me tell you that!” She angrily adds.

I run my fingers through my short hair, trying to calm down.

“I fucking know I´m not your freaking boss! You´re so stupid, I swear… Those drugs are not doing any good to you!” I yell.

She looks away.

I let out a sigh.

“Demi, I know you´re not like this… “ I tell her, trying to sound calm.

“Well, you´re wrong, I AM like this. And I´m sorry if you don´t like it”

“Why the hell do you keep lying? I just don´t get it! You´re fake! You aren´t this type of girl. I know it! I want the real you!” I look into her eyes and can see the tears there.

I bet my face is red right now because I was yelling. I hate yelling at her.

“I hate you, Wilmer” She mumbles before opening the car door and exit the vehicle.

She runs away as soon as her feet hit the ground.

“Shit” I curse under my breath before leaving my car also and run after her.

She runs into the forest. I run after her, I won´t let her go.

The sky is very dark but, than God, there is a big full moon that lights up the place a little bit.

I´m faster than her so, in a matter of a minute, my amrs are wrapped around her, not letting her go.

“Wilmer! Fuck you! Let go off me!” She yells and starts to move uncontrollably to escape. But I´m not letting her.

“Look, Demi… I love you, okay? I don´t want anything bad to happen to you, sweetheart. I know that drugs is not your thing, baby… I know you´re trying to be somebody else but… Guess what? You´re not a good actress and I can see through you. I can see the real you somewhere hidden in this Demi”

My words bring her to tears and she stops fighting for her freedom. She collapses in my arms and sobs into my chest as I tightly hug her.

“Shh, baby, it´s gonna be alright. I love you no matter what, sweetheart. Shh” I whisper in her ear. “Let´s go back to the car. It´s cold here” I say. She nods her head, causing more tears to fall down her cheeks.

I carry her. She smiles a little bit but also gasps as she did not expect this.

I take her to the car.

“You´re right, Wilmer… This is not the real me… I´m fake” She cried once we are in the car.

She is trembling so I take off my jacket and put it on her. She gives me a smile as if saying thank you. I smile back.

“I…” She lets out a sigh.

“Tell me, baby”

“I was bullied a lot in my old school… They called me names, they beat me, they made me feel worthless…” She mumbles, looking at the dark road.

“Every single day, I was afraid of going to school. Those bullies were always there. Sometimes they even followed me home… And after school, I went home, craving for love but my parents were always busy with work… And then my demons made me hate myself. It was my fault… It was my fault they bullied me. My fault my parents did not love me…”

I watch how the tears start dalling down her face again.

“But, baby, that´s not true. It´s not your fault and your parents love you” I tell her. She smiles at me through her tears.

“And then I had to do something to punish myself… And I self-harmed” Her voice cracks at the end and her eyes tell me that she immediately regrets what she just told me.

“Sweetheart…” I slowly make her come closer to me so I can hug her. “I love you, okay? And I don´t want you to harm yourself ever again, is that clear?” She looks into my eyes and nods her head.

I smile at her and hug her again.

“I love you” I whisper in her ear while stroking her back.