Chapter 18 ~ Hero

Demi´s POV:

“So… Have you ever had sex?” Martin suddenly asks me, breaking the silence that´s been in between us for like five minutes after he finished telling me about him.

“Excuse me?”

“I asked you if you´ve ever had sex”

“I know but… That´s a rude question, Martin”

“Alright. Sorry” He quickly apologizes and I fake a smile at him before grabbing my glass of water and sipping a bit of it.

Then it goes silent again and I don´t take much time to realize this is not going to go anywhere. This is not a successful date and this is clearly not the right guy for me…

But then, Olive´s face pops into my head.

“Hey, do you have any hot friends?”

“Why?” He asks, raising one eyebrow at me in a suspicious way.

“Not for me, silly. For my friend. She´s going through a break up”

Martin laughs.

“Is she hot?”

“She is a very nice girl”

“She has to be hot”

“She´s very hot but I don´t get why guys always pay attention to that”

Martin laughs again, getting on my nerves.

“It´s very important… But, yes, I do have hot friends for her”

I lightly smile at him.

“Good” I focus on the empty plate in front of me. The meal was absolutely amazing, I´ve got to admit that. His voice quickly makes me look at him again.

“Are you always this boring?”

“I can go if you don´t like me, you know?”

I´m starting to hate this date and this guy.

“We should both go. This is starting to be boring” He states, getting up and calling the waiter who quickly comes towards us.

Martin pays the bill and then we go outside.

“Wanna go to my place?”

“No, thanks… It´s getting late, I-I should go home”

Wilmer´s POV:

“Bye, dude, see you tomorrow” I say before leaving Carlos´ house and start my way towards my house.

I´m all drowned into my own thoughts until a scream makes me leave them and look at the place where the scream came from.

I see a blonde guy who´s facing a wall and… In front of her is Demi, yelling at him.

I´m about to keep walking, act like I didn´t see anything but then her words make me stop and run up to them.

“I don´t want to have sex with you, leave me the fuck alone” She said.

“Hey, you!” I yell, sanding behind Martin. He immediately lets go of Demi once he hears my voice.

“What do you want?” Martin asks me, giving me a death glare.

“No, the question is: What do you want?”

I can feel Demi´s eyes on me.

“None of your fucking business, dude”

“Well, the girl happens to be my friend so… Leave her the fuck alone if you don´t wanna get in serious trouble”

Martin laughs.

“Seriously? She hates you” He keeps laughing.

I take a deep breath.

“She doesn´t” I laugh too and, before I can try to control myself, my fist hits his right eye, causing him to scream in pain.

Demi lets out a little scream too while she puts her hands in front of her mouth, gasping.

“Come on, Dem. Let´s go” I say then. Martin just turns around and walks away.

She comes up to me, looking down at the floor.

“Thank you” She mumbles.

“Do you still think he´s hot?”

Demi stops walking. We face each other and she lets out a quiet sigh.

“Yes but I don´t give a shit anymore. He´s a dick...”

“Like me?” I giggle, making her giggle too.

“Exactly”

We remain our walk towards… Where? I don´t know.

“Wilmer?” Her voice suddenly makes me look at her.

“Yeah?”

“Um… Nothing… Forget it”

“No, I wanna know now” I whine like a little child.

“It´s just that… I was wondering why you didn´t talk to me after you slept in my house…”

I swallow at her question.

“Sorry, I just had a lot on my mind”

“I´m starting to…” She stops walking again as we reached the park. “To feel… Close to you… I don´t know how to explain it”

She looks down and I don´t know what to do…

“I want you to be my friend… I guess”

“I´m not a good friend, Demi”

My words cause her to go silent again. Eventually, she sits down on the grass of the park and starts playing with her fingers.

I end up sitting down next to her.

“You saved me from Martin… That´s being a good friend, you know?”

I sigh.

“I wouldn´t have done it in normal situations” I tell her, focusing my gaze on the grass in front of me.

“So… This isn´t a normal situation?”

“I don´t know. I´m just confused. You confuse me”

She lightly laughs at my words.

“Well, you confuse me too”

I look at her and, after like five seconds, she looks at me.

We stay like this for a few moments and I end up getting closer to her, in an attempt to kiss her.

But she pulls away before I can even touch her lips.

“Wilmer, you can´t keep kissing me every single time we´re together”

“Why not?”

“Because I feel like you´re using me”

“What?”

“You always use girls”

“I know…”

“That´s it. Look, I gotta go. I´m really tired. Thanks again” She quickly stands up and, before I can even say anything, she leaves.

I sigh and then lay down on the grass, looking at the almost dark sky. The moon is already there, looking down at me.

So… This means that she also feels close to me… I also confuse her…

All I want to do right now is hug her and that´s definitely weird. I´m not a hugger…