Chapter 20 ~ Bestie

The smoke entering my lungs makes me want to cough but I stop myself from doing that.

It also makes my eyes get teary and I bet they all can see I´m a new smoker. But I don´t give a shit, I just want to forget about Wilmer.

When I turn my face around, I see Tom staring at me with a smirk on his lips.

“What?” I laugh, holding the cigarette in between my fingers, starting to feel the euphoria that this drug causes in us.

“No nothing… It´s just that…” He laughs a little bit and then gives his cigarette another suck before putting his eyes on me again. “You are not used to smoke, are you?”

I throw my head back as I let out a laughter, trying to avoid his question.

“It´s pretty obvious, you know?”

I become serious.

“I don´t care” I am might being a bitch right now but this Tom guy seems to be very gullible.

“It´s okay, Demi-Dem, you don´t need to get mad at me” He says, giggling while wrapping his arm around my shoulders, bringing me closer to him.

“I´m not mad, Tommy-Tom”

I let out a sigh while putting my cigarette in between my lips.

“I wanna get to know you better” Tom´s words make me look at him. “Yeah. We could hang out someday” He adds.

I don´t give him an answer. Instead, I look in front of me as the thoughts start running through my mind.

After what it feels like two minutes, I put my eyes on him. He flashes a smile towards me. I slightly smile back.

“That would be really cool” I finally give him a reply.

“Mind if I take you home later so I can know where this princess lives?”

I blush at his words and end up nodding my head like an idiot.

“Cool” He smiles at me.

I look down at my cigarette and after a few seconds, I start smoking again until everything becomes blurry on front of me but all I know is that I´m having fun…

Tom and I end up heading towards my house at 6 AM.

“When am I seeing you again?” He asks.

Neither of us is high on drugs anymore.

“Whenever you want” I reply. “You´ve got my phone number. Ring me whenever you feel like seeing me” I tell him. He smiles as he nods his head before hugging me and walking away.

I carefully open the front door of my house and walk upstairs to enter my room eventually.

I lay down on my bed and, before I´m able to fall asleep, my phone starts buzzing in my purse.

“Hey” I answer the phone, without checking the ID of the caller.

“Hey, it´s Tom. I already feel like seeing you”

“Aww” I express while my heart starts melting because of his cuteness.

“I´m tired, Tom” I say, letting out a yawn.

“I know. Sleep tight baby” He says, just above a whisper and ends the phone call.

I pull a smile on my face before slowly closing my eyes and falling asleep.

--------------------------------

----------------------------------

December first…

December first…

December first…

After saying those two words for three times, I end up realizing it´s really December first.

“Ughhh, how the hell can it already be December first?” I grunt pacing around my room with my face in my hands

It´s already been two months since I met Tom and two months since I saw Wilmer for the last time.

Apparently, he isn´t in town. I want to ask Olive if he´s ever coming back but I´m too scared she´ll suspect…

She and Justin are back together and that´s just something I cannot approve. I would have never ever, EVER forgive him. But I guess that her love for Justin has completely blinded her and she cannot see what a piece of trash he actually is.

Every single time I see Justin I just want to kick his ass and make it clear to him that I don´t want him around my friend Olive.

Olive and I have gotten really close since Jade is always with her boyfriend Dave smoking weed somewhere around with Dave´s friends.

Sometimes I go with them and smoke to forget,

Tom and I are really good friends. Yes, we´re just friends. He is a very nice guy and is always there for me.

I´ve tried to call Wilmer, just to ask him where the fuck he is and to make sure that he´s alright but…. I don´t even have his phone number…

My phone buzzing on my nightstand table makes me stop thinking about this and answer the phone call.

“Hello” I say.

“Morning, Demi-Dem” Tom´s sweet voice enters my ears, settling down in my mind and eventually causing a smile on my lips.

“Morning, Tommy-Tom” I reply. He giggles, like he always does when I call him Tommy-Tom.

“You know it´s Saturday today, Dem. Wanna hang out?” He asks.

“Of course…”

“But it´s not just a Saturday… Right?”

I giggle, knowing where the hell he´s going.

“Right, right”

“Okay, Dem. I´m waiting for you right here in your garden. Move your ass and come down” After that, he ends the phone call.

I laugh before walking up to the closet to fish my black pair of jeans out of it and put it on my body. A black sweat shirt with a skull on it is then put on me. I sit down on the bed and put on some red socks with white lines and then my grey boots.

I look in the mirror while fixing my hair and putting some make up on before running downstairs.

Tom is there, like he said, wearing a huge smile and in his hands there is a bouquet of roses.

My favorite type of flowers. I smile while walking up to him.

“Aww”

He automatically wraps his arms around me, being careful with the flowers.

“Happy one month, bestie” He whispers in my ear.

“Happy one month” I reply, pulling away from him. He hands me the flowers. I happily take them from his hands and bring them closer to my nose, taking all of their delicious scent.

“Thank you, Tommy-Tom. I really like them”

He smiles once again.

“I knew you would like them, Demi-Dem” And he hugs me again.

A cough causes us to pull away from each other.

Standing in front of us is a guy…

But not any guy…