Chapter 1 ~ Too far

I take a deep breath as I enter my new house. I walk upstairs, where my new bedroom is.

Walls painted with a light violet color. A bed, a closet, a huge window, a mirror and a bureau are there in the room.

A sigh escapes my lips as I let my suitcase hit the ground.

We moved to another town.

The bullying went too far.

It was Monday, which meant we had Physical Education. Like always, I didn´t want to take a shower because I was afraid that they would see my cuts.

I was about to leave the bathroom when Mary and a girl called Louise grabbed my arm and made me enter one of the showers.

More girls came closer and they got rid of my clothes- I still feel like shit because of that- and started to laugh at me. But then they saw the cuts and started calling me things like “Emo” and said that I should kill myself and stuff.

I couldn´t help but start crying. I was so scared and with every word they said to me, I felt more and more weak. I was literally shaking.

Somehow, I pushed Tamara away, and that made the girls angry. They grabbed a pencil sharpener and took the blade of it. They held the cold blade against my arm and cut there. Then they created some cuts on my tummy. And they even carved “Fucking” on my left arm and “Nerd” on my other arm.

I was bleeding so much. But I felt like I deserved it.

The girls could only laugh, and they left me there. All hurt and alone.

I didn´t know what to do, so I just sat down in the shower and cried until I got tired and just looked at the wall.

Then some teachers found me and immediately called an ambulance which was not necessary in my opinion, but whatever.

They also called my parents. And that was when they decided this was too much, and now we are here.

My whole body is still full of cuts but that, in a way, is good because now my parents think all of these cuts are made by the bullies and not by me so they don´t notice that I´ve been self-harming.

I need to think about an excuse to tell to people. I don´t want them to know about my past. I need a new life that involves being a completely different person…

I look through the window. It looks beautiful outside. I hope I can make some friends here and that no one will make fun of me.

I walk downstairs. Mom and Dad are in the living room, talking.

“Hi, Dad. Hi, Mom.” I shyly greet them and sit down on the sofa with them.

“Hi, sweetheart.” Mom says as she strokes my dark hair.

Dad looks at me with compassion. Since the bullies did this to me, he always looks at me like that. And I don´t like it at all.

“How are you feeling?” He asks me. I smile at him, letting him know I am alright.

“So, honey, we´ve been talking and… Maybe it´s time for you to be homeschooled. Do you like that idea?”

I look at her open-mouthed.

In a way, I like the idea. So no one will bully me again but… I also want to try and live another life. Try to be normal.

“Mom…” I start and then I clear my throat. 

“Yes, baby?” Her brown eyes lock with mine.

“I want to go to a normal school. Maybe this time I can fit in… I hope so at least.” I tell her.

Dad sighs.

“We only want the best for you, honey” He speaks. I give him another smile.

“That´s really sweet, and I appreciate it a lot. But I want to go to school. I want to make friends and just be a normal teenager. You guys understand that, right?”

“Yes, honey, we do understand. If you really want that, then go ahead. We´ll look for a school for you. Don´t worry.” Mom says.

“But if someone insults you, hits you or makes you feel really bad, I´ll take you out of school for good, is that clear, Demi?” Dad explains and looks at me. He looks so worried.

“Yes, Dad… Thanks for everything.” I say.

-

Then everything goes silent. I guess it´s the end of our conversation so I just stand up and go upstairs again.

I stop in front of the mirror and look at myself.

I hate what the mirror shows me.

Edited by @lovaticbeast