Chapter 26 ~ In love

Wilmer´s POV:

I´m here sitting on top of my bed, with my eyes glued on the wall while I listen to music.

But by every minute that passes by, I only feel more and more empty.

The only thing I can think about is how stupid I have been all this time…

I should´ve realized that I loved her from the very first moment…

Demi´s POV:

With the phone in my hands, I sit down on the edge of my bed. I carefully dial Dave´s number and, after doing that, I press the call button.

“Who the hell is this?” A nervous voice answers my call.

“Dave?”

“Yes, it´s me. What do you want? And who are you?”

“Dave, listen to me, I´m Demi… Do you remember me?”

“Of course I do” He huffs.

“Dave, you know about Jade´s pregnancy, right?”

“Yes, I do… Demi, look, this is not easy for me, okay?” He suddenly sounds sad and scared. “I know, Dave”

He sighs.

“Jade needs you… Your future child is going to need you too”

“Demi, let me the heck alone. This is none of your fucking business”

After those words, he ends the phone call, making me let out a frustrated sigh and leave the phone on the bed while I start pacing around my room, rubbing my forehead with my index finger and thumb.

Suddenly, I hear a few knocks on my window, making me leave my thoughts and look at the window.

What I see there makes my jaw drop open.

“What the…” I walk up to the window and slowly open it.

In less than a minute, Wilmer is standing in front of me.

“Hey…” He shyly says. I roll my eyes and cross my arms in front of my chest.

“What the fuck are you doing here?” I ask him, directly looking him in the eyes.

“I love you Demi, please believe me” He says.

I pretend to yawn.

“Have you finished?” I ask him.

“Demi, please…”

“Wilmer, I´m sorry but I cannot trust a guy like you”

A sigh escapes his mouth.

“I wish you could realize that I have changed… You changed me, Demi”

“Just go, Wilmer… I need space, okay?”

“Okay, Okay, I´ll go… You won´t have to see me again” He turns his body around and starts walking towards the window.

“Wait. What do you mean with that?” I quickly ask him, putting my hand on his shoulder to stop him.

Wilmer turns his body around with a sigh and eventually his eyes lock with mine, telling me how sad he actually feels.

“I got a job in New York and I´m moving towards there tomorrow”

“But…”

“I can´t stay here, Demi. I know this might sound lame but… I feel so awful and stupid here… Because I let you go”

I feel like a knife has just entered my body and stabbed my heart.

“Oh… Are you still handling with drugs?” I want to know, worried about him.

“No, I left that shit a while ago. Olive found out about it and made me promise her that I would stop. And I did”

I sigh and then the silence hugs this moment.

“Well… Goodbye…”

When those words enter my mind, I realize that I should risk something… Maybe it´s worth it…

I just want him by my side..

“Wilmer… Wait” I mumble loudly enough for him to turn around and face me.

“Yeah?”

“I love you too. Please don´t leave me” I beg and run up to him, taking his face in my hands and pressing my lips against his, kissing him tenderly.

He gladly kisses me back, placing his hands on my waist, pulling me closer and deepening the kiss.

“You know…” He starts once we ended the kiss.

Our foreheads are pressed one against each other and our looks collide.

“It was a joke”

“What was a joke?” I ask, confused.

“That New York thing” He giggles and pecks my lips. “But now I know you love me too”

I roll my eyes.

“Bastard”

“Sorry, I had no other choice”

Instead of replying, I kiss him again, this time passionately.

“You should go… I wanna sleep” I say. He smiles at me. “Good night, baby” He gives my lips a quick kiss and then leaves me being the happiest girl on earth.

Once I´m alone, I let out a giggle while letting myself fall on the bed, next to my phone.

I can´t believe that all this things actually happened today. I woke up loving him…. Then I hated him and now I love him again…

Well, I guess I´ve always loved him…

But now he loves me too and everything looks different. I hope he really means it and that he really cares about me…

I´m scared, yes, scared that he´s just using me like he used the other girls but I have to give us a chance…

I have to try to know if he´s really in love or not…

Tom was right…

I have to call him right now to tell him about this.

I grab my phone and call him.