Knowing you

Demi's POV:

Another day. Another torture.

I jump off my bed and walk up to my closet. I open it and get dressed.

Jeans, my pink trainers and a pink sweatshirt.

I walk down the stairs. As always, Mom is already leaving the house and Dad is too busy reading the newspaper.

"Morning." I mumble as I grab some milk.

I don't get a response, but I don't care. It has always been like this, so I'm used to it.

I pour some milk in a cup, and then I bring it close to my lips, drinking it.

I grab my bag.

"Bye, Dad."

"Bye."

I open the door and leave my house.

I sigh while I put on my headphones and start up the music on my phone. I start walking to my school. Also known as hell.

Like always, Tamara and Mary yell things at me. I try to ignore them once again even though their words truly hurt me.

I take a seat in my classroom and take a deep breath before putting my notebook, my pens, and my books on my desk.

"How are you today, nerd?" Tamara asks, sitting next to me. Mary laughs. That annoying laugh that's been making fun of me for three years now.

"Good." I quickly reply, not brave enough to look her in the eyes.

"Oh, well... Then we need to change that, right, Mary?" Tamara asks, looking at her friend.

I swallow.

Mary smirks and grabs my bag.

I quickly stand up and try to get my bag back.

But soon all the guys are helping Tamara and Mary, and my bag ends up falling through the window.

I close my fists, feeling all the anger filling my body, heart, soul and mind.

I grunt and walk up to the door, wanting to go and retrieve my bag.

But the teacher arrives.

"Miss Lovato, where are you going may I ask?"

"I... I... My bag is outside..."

The woman looks at me, wondering why my bag is there. But I cannot tell her because, if I do, everything will be worse.

She nods her head.

"Go, and come back quickly." She says. I give her a quick nod and run out of the room.

I take my bag in my hands and, before I know it, I'm crying.

They're looking at me through the window. Probably laughing.

Taking deep breaths, trying to calm down, I walk back to the classroom and sit in my seat again.

I still can hear them laughing, but I try to focus on the lesson.

And when break comes, they drag me to the bathroom and don't let me leave it until it's time to go back to the classroom.

And lots of insults. A whole bunch of them.

I am not really sure how I can still go on with this shit.

My name is Demetria Lovato and I've been bullied at school for three years now. I'm seventeen years old. My parents are always very busy because of their work. My older sister is out of town and I don't have friends. Not a single one.

I self-harm... A lot. But no one knows about it. I guess it is because I don't trust anyone. I'm so alone.

I'm bullied because I'm a nerd. They say I'm a ¨Fucking stupid good girl.¨

They insult me because I never fail exams, because teachers love me, because I always do my homework, because their parents say they need to be like me... They hate me because I am me.

I'm always scared of going to school. I am scared of my classmates. I am scared of everything.

It's really hard. There's not a single day where they don't insult me. Sometimes they follow me towards my house, yelling terrible things at me.

And then I have nightmares. A lot of nightmares.

My parents know about this. My teachers, too.

They said I need to ignore them. That they are just jealous kids, that soon they will forget about this and they'll leave me alone and stuff but... I know that will never ever happen since it is been three years now. It will never stop.

Once I am home again, completely alone because dad and mom are at work, I let myself collapse on my bedroom floor and break down into tears, and then I end up self-harming. No one knows about this. I cannot let them or otherwise they will think I'm crazy.

Edited by @lovaticbeast