Chapter 23

So it turns out that the parcel which contained a pack of Jack and Jill wafers and the letter was from Jack. How did he know that I love Jack and Jill wafers? And why did he just drop it? Why didn't he wait? Oh,I forgot to tell him that I got a new job so maybe he might had waited for a long time. There's only one way to find answers to this questions.

Calling Jack........

He picked after the third ring. "Hi Jack" I said.

"Hi. Did you get the gift and the letter? He asked me.

"Uh,yeah. Why didn't you wait for me to come home?" I asked him

"I got tired of waiting. I came to your house at 5pm and when I didn't see you by 6.30,I had to leave. By the way,where were you?" He asked me.

"I was at work. I got a new job." I said

"Oh. That's great. So what do you have to say concerning the letter?" He asked me.

"Uh,I don't know Jack. It's kind of sudden." I said.

"Don't worry, you can think about it, you know you ladies love thinking about things." He said

"You're crazy but ok,I'll think about it. I said.

"Ok then. Goodnight." He said.

I really want to say yes but something keeps telling me that I'm going to regret it. I really really like him. His presence calms me. When he says my name,I feel butterflies in my stomach. The greatest feeling in this life is to love and be loved. I just want him to love me the way I do. I thought I wasn't going to fall for him but I've been trying my best not to,but it's not being easy. Anytime I think of him,I keep remembering what the nurse at the hospital told me. I don't even know if it's true or not.

Thursday

Working for Lily so far hasn't been bad at all. It's actually better than where I was working before. I haven't still given Jack an answer concerning his proposal. I want to think about it properly considering the kind of guy I think he is.

"Babe let's go out for lunch" Lily said.

"It's not time and besides I'm not done with what I'm doing." I said to her.

"You work alot. Let's go and I'm not arguing about it again. So carry that your big bum off the chair and let's go." She said.

"Yes ma'am." I said jokingly.

"There is this wonderful coffee shop I know. To me, they sell the best coffee,let's go there first because going to the restaurant. Don't worry,you'll love their coffee.

**********************************
So it turns out that the coffee shop she was talking about is the one close to my house. The one where I fainted in and that's where all the Jack drama started. Should I tell her? It's not like it's an important news or anything.

"I've actually been here before. I normally come here once in a while before I got laid off from work at my former office." I said.

"Really?" She asked me sounding surprised.

"Yea. My house isn't really far from here. And this is where all the Jack drama started." I said.

"Ok. This is the coffee shop I told you about. This is where I met my son's father.

It's like men really love taking coffee. Talking about men, I think I need to give Jack an answer concerning his proposal.