Chapter 21

"Mum,that's my decision to make,not yours." I said.

"I've said what I have to say. Didn't you look well before thinking about such a thing. She doesn't look like one of us. Haven't you seen my sister's children's spouses? They look well fed but she doesnt." She said.

"Mum are you being serious right now? Is that what you think of her?" I asked.

"Yes. And besides I know you very well when it comes to ladies,you're not good at keeping them. You've brought 2 different ladies to this house saying this same thing but what happened, you're bringing another person." She said

"Like I said before,this is my decision to make. I have to go." I said.

I didn't even wait for her reply because I know she was doing to say something stupid. I'm so angry right now. How can my mum utter such words?

Heading towards the living room,I see Amy standing exactly where I left her. This is bad. She must be really scared for her not to sit down.

"Hi" I said trying to hide my anger.

"Are you done talking with your mum?" She asked me.

"Yes. Have you been standing here?" I asked her.

"Yea. I don't know anybody or any place here,so I had to wait for you to come back. What's wrong? You look sad." She said.

"I'm fine. It's work." I said. I couldn't tell her what my mum said although we aren't actually dating. It's going to break her heart and I know that.

"Ok." She said.

************************************
Right now, we're all eating. And when I mean we,I mean the Anderson's plus myself. I got to meet Jack's father and he seemed very happy to see me. At least that made me very happy. I also got to meet Jack's nephews and nieces,they were also nice. Most of them are married tho,recently married because I didn't see any of  them with any child/children.

But something wasn't right. Jack was still wearing that same sad face. It cant be because of work,I need to find out what is bothering him. And as for me, I don't know what to eat. There are varieties of food on the table but I don't know what to choose. I don't want to seem like a glutton by taking chicken and I don't want to be tagged as a pretender by taking small chops so I guess I'll just stay outside.

Jack's pov.

I noticed that Amy wasn't eating. She looked confused. It's a pity that we weren't sitting close to each other instead we were sitting opposite each other if not,I would had held her hands to make her feel calm. Then she stood up to leave the dining table. No one seemed to notice because they were all engrossed in the food they were eating and at the same talking. So I followed her.

"Why are you here?" I asked her.

"I should be asking you the same question." She said.

"I was watching you inside. You weren't feeling comfortable and you didn't eat,what's wrong?" I asked her.

"I'm actually not feeling comfortable but it's a normal thing. And I couldn't eat because I didn't know what to eat. I don't want your parents to get the wrong impression of me. And why did you introduce me to your mum as your girlfriend? I thought we agreed on friends." She said.

"I'm sorry. I didnt know when it came out of my mouth. Do you want to go home?" I asked her.

"Yea I do but you can't just leave like that." She said.

"Well I can and I'm going to do it. So let's go." I told her.

Please vote💙
Please comment💙💙