Chapter 17

In the car.

"So are you nervous about tomorrow?" He asked me

"I don't know. Why are you asking?" I asked.

"No reason. I just thought you might be nervous because you'll be meeting my family,extended family tho. But you know that you can always talk to me,I'm a good listener." He said.

"I don't think there would be any reason for me to talk to you. I have Mya and Lauren to talk to. Thanks anyway. But you know that it's not necessary for you to get me this dress." I said.

"It is very necessary. You can go to my family reunion looking like................you know." He said.

"Looking like what?" I said angrily.

"Never mind. I was just joking." He said.

"If you don't talk,I'm going to leave your car." I said

"You know that you can't do that." He said with confidence.

"Ok. Goodbye." I said while opening the door.

He didn't even call me back. Instead he zoomed off. This man has got to be kidding me. He shouldn't even come begging me,that's if he would. Now I have to find a taxi back home.

************************************

Its been 10minutes since I got home and he hasn't even called me. What kind of man does that? Thank God this happened at least my tomorrow is going my-free-day.

Ring! Ring!! Ring!!!

I hope he isn't the person calling me because I'm not going to pick up. It's Mya. She's just the person I want to talk to.

"Hey babe, what's up?" I asked.

"I'm good. So how was the interview?" She asked.

"It was good. It turns out that the person that owns the pharmaceutical centre is/was my friend from college. So I didn't even get to do the interview,she said I should start work next week. Isn't that amazing? And do you know the funny? I forgot my CV at home. I don't know what I was thinking." I said.

"Are you freaking kidding me? That's great. But why and how could you leave your CV at home? What were you actually thinking about?" She asked.

"I don't know. But that's not the problem now. Can you imagine what Jack did? I said angrily.

"Whoa! What did he do this time around?" She asked.

"While we were in his car on our way to buy the dress I'm going to wear the his family reunion,I told him that it was not necessary for him to buy me the dress. He then said that it's necessary he got me the dress that he doesn't want to look like something/someone. He didn't complete it and I asked him to do so,then he said he was just joking and I told him that if he doesn't tell me that I was going to leave his car. Do you know that when I left the car,he didn't even bother to call me back,instead he zoomed off. Who does that?" I said angrily

"That guy is a douchebag. He doesn't know how to treat a lady. Did he call you, like on the phone?" She asked me.

"That's whats surprising me,he hasn't called." I said.

"That's bad for a guy to do something nasty like that. So what are you going to do?" She asked me.

"Nothing. He would have to look for someone that would accompany him to his family reunion because im not going.  I need to get prepared to start work next week. I don't have time for dogs like him." I said.

"Ok. No problem. Just take things easy. I'm having a little headache. We'll talk later." She said.

"Ok. Sorry about that. Get some rest. Bye." I said.

************************************
6pm.

This douchebag hasn't called me yet. Why am I even bothered? It's not like I care or anything.🤔🤔🤔😖😖😔.

Knock! Knock!! Knock!!!

Opening the door and seeing the most annoying face I know right now, I had no other choice than to slam the door at his face. Who does he think he is? Did he think that he could just show up at my doorstep and then everything would be fine? He must be silly to think that.

"Amy,please open the door. I'm sorry." He said.

Vote💋
Comment💋💋