Chapter 7! (Rewritten)

[ ] means talking to self

{ } means texting someone

--------------------

Chapter 7

**Ryder POV**

[Wow I can't believe that I finally got Aspen to be my girlfriend.  In 10th grade she hated me and never talked to me.  What's changed about her?] I thought to my self.

It's been almost a month since her mom came back and we've have had  5 more games and only won 2 of them.  Next week is the homecoming game.  I still haven't asked anyone yet and I'm planning on asking Aspen, but I don't know when... I do have an idea of how I'm going to ask, but I still have no idea if she's going to say yes...

"Come on Ryder were going now. " Nick called from the car. Me and Nick have been best friends forever and he is one of Aspens better friends so I'll ask him...  Just in cause.

"Hey Nick does Aspen like trails, trees and picnics?"

"She doesn't look like or act like a girly girl, and you know that, but honestly yes she would LOVE it."

"Ok thanks Nick." I replied just as he asked me "Why do you want to know this stuff?"

"To ask her to homecoming."

"Oh you don't know?"

"Know what?"

"That she already has a date. James asked her about a month ago."

"Oh. Okay..."

"Cheer up man. I'm not going with a girl so you, me, Carson and Jake can go in a group.  If your cool with that."

"Yah sounds good."

***Aspen POV***

I really wanted to go to homecoming with Ryder. I said thinking to myself. I don't really do well when it comes to trying to talk my way out of things, but I pulled my phone out and text James.

{Hey James}

{Hey Aspen. How's it going}

{Good.  Okay so for homecoming do you want to just be in a group and not as a couple.  So like a friend date}

{Okay sounds fun.}

{Alright sweet!}

{Yeah no problem, it'll still be lots of fun}

Ok so now that I asked James if it was ok I got to ask Ryder. I pulled up his number in my phone and sent him a text right away, asking him to come over. I threw my phone on my bed and walked to my closest to finish getting ready for the day. By the time I was finished I heard the door opening and saw Ryder walking towards my room.

**Ryder's POV**

Once I got the text from Aspen I knew I should ask her but I don't want to to that to James.

I got to the house and walked in, like I usually do. I was walking to the living room when I saw her door open and instead I walked towards her room. She turned her head to acknowledge me and then she grabbed her phone from the bed I was sitting on and then payed down on the floor.

"So what do you think if we go in a friend group to the homecoming. I mean if you don't have a date yet or anything me, you, Nick, James, Carson and Eric can all go in a group" she asked me looking curious.

"No that'll be great." I told her as she smiled. "Ok thanks I'll just tell the guys."

"Ok so are you ready for the big homecoming game?" She seemed to be faking her excitement for it, like she does every year. "Yep.  Are you?"

"Yes, I want to know who made it to the final four for homecoming king and queen too."

"I do too. I kind of want to be one of them." She said sounding dead serious about it. I have never heard her saw she wanted to ever be apart of something like homecoming queen. "Why?"

"Because everyone says I'm to much like a guy and would never become homecoming queen and I just want to be in the top three. I want to finally prove I'm not just one of the guys.

"Ok."  I just said, remembering that Nick did tell me she wasn't a girly girl, but she still was a girl. "Yah so I think we should head home now. we have practice at 9 tomorrow morning."

"Yah and don't forget the game too."

"Yep and we have to win this and next game. I mean its our last homecoming game and then this week is our last game till homecoming."

"Yah."

We didn't talk anymore on the way to her house. I think she was texting her friends.

***game before HomeComing***

(Aspen)

"Ok theirs only 29 seconds left guys and this is the third quarter. Here's what we're going to do.... I'll run it but not before I fake pass it to Jake ok? Jake make it look real too go it?"

"Got it."

"Ok break."

"Ready Travis?" I yelled at him.

"Ready."

"Ok... blue, 23, blue, 23 Set Hike"

I fake passed it to Jake and half the team fell for it so I started running and threw it to Vail when I was half way to the goal and he got a touchdown!!!!

"Great job Vail you deserve to be in this every minute!!"

"Thanks Aspen."

"Yep ok we're going to do Hook and Ladder got it."

(it's a trick play)

"Got it"

"Good now break."

(I don't remember how it goes but my older bro does so I'm not even going to bother writing it)

It was the last quarter an we have about 7 seconds left and we were about to kick it.

Our kicker Troy was jumping up and down putting his nerves back in place.

Our teams were tied and we only have one down.  Troy went to kick it and.... GOAL!!!!  He did it!!  Now with about a second left we were going to try and run it again but before we made it the buzzer went off. 

"Great job Troy!!!"

"Yes!! Haha great job team we won by one."said the coach

"Good job everyone."

"Party at my house." I told everyone. as I said before we always go ho my house after a game or something.

----------------------------------------

Sorry it's short guys. I'm going to try and make all these chapters a little longer.

BTW I'm writing this book blind... Which means I have no idea how it's going to end up.

-xRiverSk8erx

(Rewritten- 10/14/2014)