Chapter 25

Chapter 25

Treasure

For the next 3 hours Chris and I looked through every single piece of mail there was.

We found pictures of my mom and dad, Nique's parents, Santiago, all of them together.

I put two and two together and figured out they probably knew each other in their high school days.

So why would Santiago kill his high school friends? As more questions were answered, more questions were made.

Looking at those pictures of my parents made me a little emotional, but I came here for one thing and I won't let my emotions distract me.

Dante and Nique are currently arguing about whatever upstairs. I don't see why they even bother, they're gonna make up by tonight.

I ripped open another mail full of pictures. I carefully looked through each one to find any clues. Anything suspicious.

I quickly figured out that these set of pictures were from prom. My mother looked beautiful and I can't lie, my dad looked handsome too.

There was one picture with my parents smiling at the camera. They looked so happy.

Push back the tears.

Another picture with Nique's parents and my parents all together.

The last picture is what stood out the most. It was my parents, they were kissing.

They looked so in love, but something was off. I had an uneasy feeling.

I diverted my attention to their surroundings. Everyone in the picture seemed to be having a good time, no one was paying attention to the couple.

I was about to give up until I caught a glimpse of Santiago in the far back. His date, whoever she was, was trying to get his attention. But his attention was somewhere else.

His attention was on my parents. He was glaring at them. Almost like he was angry.

Dante

"I don't know what to do and you're not helping!" Ni yelled at me.

"I have my advice and now you're mad because it's not what you want to hear." I said calmly.

"See, you don't even care."

"No, you don't even care. You're worrying about yourself, you haven't once thought about how Treasure feels."

"Obviously I have. That's why I haven't confronted her yet."

"That's all you're thinking about. Confronting her." I raised my voice.

"Listen, I'm not tryna have an argument about something so dumb, so when you've calmed down, come talk to me." I kissed her forehead and walked away.

She's so angry for no reason. She thinks Treasure is trying to leave the gang. If that's the case, why not ask her?

Females. I just don't get them.

I walked downstairs to see Chris and Treasure studying pictures. Treasure seemed so focused she didn't notice me come down the stairs.

"I'm about to go get some seafood or something, do you want to come?" I asked.

"Hell yeah nigga these papers gave me hella cuts." Chris said. "I'll be back bae." He kissed Treasure and ran away before she could react.

"Oh and Treasure, I think Nique has something to say to you." I said before following Chris.

Nique

I feel bad for blowing up on Dante like that but he doesn't get it.

This gang means a lot to me and the thought of Treasure leaving makes me angry because, who's going to help me?

I heard the front door slam.

"Hello? Anyone here?" I walked down the stairs.

"Yeah. What was it you had to tell me?" I heard Treasure say.

When she came into my sight she was looking intently at a picture. Like she was studying it.

"What's in your hand?" I asked.

"A picture." She replied without looking at me.

"What's so important about it?"

"Maybe if you were here and helping me you would know." She said in a monotone voice.

"Listen.." I started off.

Little did I know it wouldn't end so peachy.

School fricken started and I fricken don't have no fricken time to fricken write or fricken do any fricken thing for real.

But I read your comments so I wrote this.

Enjoy :).

- Swag money.