Chapter 16.

(Sam's P.O.V.)

I woke the next morning feeling better and ready to start my first day at my new job. I left at 6:45am and started to walk towards the café. I wanted to arrive earlier so as that Ruth could show me what to do and also how things work around the café.

When I walked I was immediately greeted by Ruth, "Morning dear. How are we today?"

I couldn't help but chuckle as I replied back to her, "Morning Ruth. I feel amazing this morning, which is more than I can say for most of the mornings I have had recently."

"That's very well then. Now, come with me and let me show you where you put your personal items, and where everything in this café gets put. Now, you will be getting paid fortnightly and the pay is $20.60 an hour."

(Few months later)

My job at the café had been going well for me and I had been doing a little bit better at school with the help of the guys.

I woke up this morning feeling better. It was my birthday today. I felt excited because I was hoping that the boys were free today to do something with me to celebrate it. I decided to ring up Levi to see if he and the boys were free today to do something, he answered on the third ring.

(Levi Bold, Sam Italics)

Levi: "Hey babygirl, how can we help you today?"

My stomach started to flutter when he answered the call with that name for me.

Sam: "I was wondering if you and the boys were free to hang out with me today?"

Levi: "Unfortunately babygirl the boys and I are busy today, maybe some other time."

Sam: "Oh, okay. Maybe some other time then."

With that being said the phone call was ended. I felt very upset that some of the only people I care about and who care about me don't want to spend the day with me.

Maybe I could go into the café for a few hours today and see if Ruth needs help.

(Levi's P.O.V.)

Hanging up from my babygirl after telling her that we were busy and maybe we could hangout some other time was a very hard thing to do especially since it is her birthday after all. But we just couldn't do it at least not now when we were setting up her birthday party.

Now, knowing Sam she would be headed to the café which is exactly where we are now. The café was our hang out now just so we could spend the time with Sam when she wasn't at school and when we weren't busy. Sometimes I would go there even when the guys couldn't and just watch her work and then when she went on her lunch break she would sit with me and depending on what she felt like to eat we would share a plate of chips and just talk about anything until she had to go back to work then when she was finished, I would walk her back to the orphanage, straight to the door and before she went inside I would kiss her on her cheek or her forehead.

My feelings growing for her each time we spoke, I hope that she feels the same as me cause it has begun to feel like I need her in my life, she has changed it that much.

(Sam's P.O.V.)

I left the orphanage and made my way towards the café. When I arrived there, I had to stop for a moment because the café was all shut up, the door had an open sign on it but the blinds were all closed up for some reason.

When I walked in I was too shocked to speak. There was everyone, the boys, Ruth and even some of the regular customers I dealt with. The café was decorated with birthday balloons, streamers, ribbons, there was snack food on the tables and benches.

Levi walked up to me in my moment of shock and gave me a tight hug. His lips were at my ear whispering to me "Happy Birthday Babygirl." He had me shivering slightly at that action.

With a kiss to my cheek he let me go but kept one of his hands on the lower part of my back as everyone else came and gave hugs wishing me happy birthdays and congratulations on turning eighteen.

Finally after a few hours which consisted of eating, singing, more hugs and conversations with everyone that arrived, I was finally able to pull away from everyone and went outside and just sat down on the ground outside the shop.

I was too lost in my mind to realise that someone had sat down next to me. When I finally turned my head to look at the person who came and sat down with me I was met with a pair of soft lips attaching to mine pulling me into a kiss.