Chapter 12.

(Sam's P.O.V.)

Suddenly it felt as if someone had dimmed the brightness down for me. I slowly opened my eyes to see Axel, Levi, Aiden, Chase and some guy in a white coat standing around the room looking at me with concern and worry in their eyes.

"Hi, I'm Dr. Will. By the looks of it, your body has been healing very well but you still need to rest more because of what has been inflicted upon you. We will be keeping you here under observation for about a week or two more to see how well you are progressing now that you are awake." With that being said he left the room leaving me with the boys.

"How are you feeling?" Levi stepped forward and sat in the chair next to the bed and asked.

"Like I have been run over by a truck. What happen? Why are you guys here?" I look around to all of them hoping for an answer as to how I ended up in the hospital.

"Don't you remember what happened?" Aiden asked me.

I must have had a look of confusion on my face because the Levi went into the story of what happened and how I ended up at the hospital. My first thoughts were holy shit. I mean I knew my father was capable of that but I never thought he would actually harm to that extent.

"Wait, what happened to my father?" I asked curiously.

"We don't know. The night we took you, we left him there unconscious and a bloody mess. We went back a few days after we heard how you were doing, but he wasn't there. It looked like he hadn't been there for a few days."

The boys looked at me like I was fragile. I mean with some aspects I may be, but with him gone, I feel like something has been lifted off me and I am finally free of him. But I know for sure that I won't be for long. I was the cause of his misery and he hasn't finished with me yet.

I was brought out of my thoughts when Chase asked if I was okay.

"I feel fine, happy even. I'm finally free. He's gone. I don't have to worry anymore whether or not I'm going to get a beating when I get home or just because he's bored. I don't have to watch my back." I stated feeling ecstatic. I must have had a big smile on my face because the boys smiled back at me but it was an unsure smile, like they thought that I was insane.

A nurse walked in at that moment with an officer.

"Hello, I'm Officer Tim. I have been put on your case. I know you just woke up but there are some questions I need to ask you if that is alright. I can assure you that it won't take long."

"Of course Officer, that is alright." I replied wondering what questions he had, I mean I knew he had the basic ones; like what happened, what do you remember, but there was always a possibility that he could ask some questions that I won't be able to answer.

"Firstly, do you remember what happened and how you came to be in the hospital?"

"Umm, I can't answer that question because all that I remember is coming home and then feeling a pain in the back of my then blacking out."

As the Officer wrote this down he asked some more questions, like how long has my father been abusing me and other questions. While this was happening the boys were in the room and they looked to be getting angrier but minute with each answer I gave.

"Thank you for your co-operation Miss. I must stay due to you being under the age of 18 and with no immediate and other family members here or willing to take you in, you will be placed in the system until your 18th birthday, where you will be able to leave and be given the chance to survive on your own."

"Okay, thank you Officer Tim." With that he left. Which then left me in thought as to what was I going to do. My birthday was only a short time away. Once I get out of the hospital I'm going to find a job and start saving to be able to survive on my own.

(Axel's P.O.V.)

The Officer had just left, and it looked like Sam was lost in her own thoughts to realise that we were still here.

Sam was being sent to an orphanage. What the hell was she going to do. Her birthday isn't that far away, and then what. (A/N: The boys looked in her records and it told them when her birthday is) Is she going to live on the streets? What is she going to do?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note

Hey guys, sorry for the very late update. I have been busy with assessments and other stuff and I just haven't had the time to be able to write and then update. But I am going to try my best to update more regularly. After the next 3 weeks though, as I have more assessments due and I will not be able to update a lot over those weeks.