Chapter 5.

(Sam's P.O.V.)

Damn, that was too fucking close. How could I have been so stupid to check my bruises in the bathroom in a public place where people come and go as they please.

(Time Skip)

As I reach the house, I notice HIS car in the driveway. I hope that he's drunk and passed out. As I make my way to the front door, I open it quietly to see if I can hear any noises, which I can't thank the lords. I open the door wider so I can fit in, but I make the mistake of not checking the floor. I hit a few empty beer bottles that are lying on the ground and they hit off each other as I close the door. I turn around praying to someone that I didn't wake the beast but to my luck I did. I look at him to see that anger is basically radiating of him like a waterfall and that he almost had steam coming out of his ears.

I stay quiet because I know if I make a sound it will be much worse than it already will be. He reaches for my neck and smashes my head to the closest wall which makes my vision go blurry. The pain from that thud feels like I had just been tackled to the ground as it shoots through my body. He tightens his grip around my neck and drags my body from the wall to the basement stairs. He throws me down the stairs as he starts to walk down them himself.

"You fucking bitch." He screamed at me as I hit the floor and rolled over.

"You worthless piece of shit." He just kept screaming abusive words at me as he walks over to the table where he keeps his 'tools'. He picks up a bat and walks over to me. He aims it at the side of my stomach where my ribs are. Using what looks like all his strength pushed into that one swing, he swings the bat and makes contact with my ribs. I heard a few cracking sounds resonate throughout the room. He then drops the bat and starts to kick everywhere on my body. I can't even move my body into a fetal position because he then starts throwing punches. After what seems like an hour has gone past he walks to the stairs and exits the basement locking the door behind him. It seems like I'm staying down here tonight. I crawl to the corner where there is a blanket and move myself so I am leaning against the walls. I am in so much pain at the moment that I'm starting to feel numb. I look down at myself and notice that I am bleeding from some of the areas he attacked numerously.

As I looked around into the darkness, my eyes begin to feel heavy. So much that when I close them I know I won't be opening them for a while.

I woke up the next morning with my head screaming at me and my ribs feeling as though they were on fire. I looked and saw that the blood had dried out overnight. I couldn't what time it was, but I knew I had to move. I slowly and painfully made my way up the stairs and to the door which luckily was unlocked. I looked at the clock in the kitchen and saw that it was 7:30am. I had 30 minutes to get ready if I was gonna make it to school on time. (School starts at 8:40am). I made my way to my room very quietly so as to not make a sound in case he was still in the house. I went for a quick shower trying to get rid of all the dried up blood on my skin. Getting dressed in my black skinnies, a dark blue long sleeve and my black hoodie, I chucked another long sleeve shirt in bag just in case something happens at school. I make my way back down the stairs with my bag, I passed the kitchen and thought about at least grabbing an apple, but decided against it as he may either notice or I would waste it by not eating cause my stomach felt like it had been run over by a truck.

I walked out the door without grabbing the fruit and started my walk to hell.