Chapter 13.

(Chase's P.O.V.)

It had been a few months since Sam got released from the hospital and taken to an orphanage. She still had a cast on her right wrist due to the brake, which didn't help her very much with her brain cells as she kept hitting herself in the head with her cast. The boys and I kept visiting her at the orphanage because we wanted to make sure that she was alright. When she was in the hospital she opened up to us a bit not fully but it was enough us. Every time we visited her should would smile at us but I could tell that it was a little forced and not the genuine smile that she used to give us when we visited her in the hospital. The last few time we visited her she looked a little pale but I don't think any of the boys had noticed or they did and were just trying to figure out what it meant.

Today we were going to the orphanage to visit Sam to see how she was going. Sam still went to school but stayed away from everyone, including us which I can understand but still you would think that she would still say hi at least to us during the day but no.

We arrived at the orphanage and ask the one of the ladies that work here were she is.

"Miss I was wondering if you could tell us where we could find Sam?"

"I'm sorry boys but we haven't seen her since yesterday. She didn't come down for breakfast and the children we asked to get her said that she didn't answer so we thought that she was still asleep."

"Thank you ma'am." I replied and we walked off towards her room to see if she was in there.

When we got to her room we knocked a few times and got no answer. So we kicked her door down and found her on her mattress sleeping. We turned on the light and went to wake her up when he noticed that she was shivering/shaking and she looked extremely pale.

Levi picked her up bridal style and walked out of her room and down the stairs and towards the door and out to the car. Axel and Aiden followed him while I quickly spoke to Miss Pump as she had seen Levi walk out of the orphanage with Sam.

"Excuse me, where do you think you are taking her?"

"We're taking her the hospital as she is extremely pale and shaking."

With that I walked out of the orphanage and got into the car with the boys and headed to the hospital.

(Levi's P.O.V.)

As I picked her she didn't even wake up. Her eyed lids where fluttering as she was shaking but that was all I got as I held her in my arms. Once we got to the hospital, I was straight into the emergency room with the others with Axel asking for a doctor immediately.

The doctor saw Sam immediately due to her last visit. While she was inside the boys and I were sat in the waiting room wondering what was happening.

"Guys, what do you think is happening? I mean she was fine a few days ago right?" Aiden had asked us.

I sat there lost in my own thoughts as I thinking over the last few visits with Sam we had to see if I had missed anything to do with how she was acting, how she looked, but I came up lost. There was nothing I could find but to be honest I had to say that I wasn't really focused on her but more so on her eyes, her smiles and her actions like how close she was to me when we hung out in her room playing games or just talking. I must say though I did feel better when she was near and I didn't know why.

I was brought out of my thoughts when the doctor had walked back into the waiting room and was heading towards us. The boys and I all got up and hastily walked up to him to find out was wrong with our girl.

"How is she? What's wrong with her Doc?" we all spoke up at once.

"Your friend just has a severe case of the flu and based on her immune system still trying to develop it hit her harder that most people which caused her to be shivering and shaking and not communicating with you boys. We are going to keep her here for the rest of the day and overnight and see how she is in the morning. She is being given antibiotics as well as fluids to keep her hydrated. She is asleep at the moment but you boys as welcome to sit in her room and wait for her to wake up. I'll let the people on night duty know that you guys have been given permission to be here all night with her." After we thank him and he told us her room number he walked off going to continue with his duties.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for not updating in a while been swamped with assessments. Updates will be more frequent now, seeing as I'm on holidays for the next month and also the book is coming to an end soon, not too many chapters left.

Thank you to all of you who take the time to read my book, really appreciate it.