Proving Him Wrong - 10.

I wake up early Monday morning and see Jody and Jay sitting at the kitchen table with Nick. They turn in my direction as I start making breakfast. "Morning," I say, between yawns. "What time are you heading out?"

Jay turns his attention to me. "Shortly,"

"I wish it was me leaving for UCLA today, instead of going to work. Since, I got accepted I've been looking forward to getting away from this trailer park and moving on from this life. This weekend I'm going to experience my first party on campus and I'm looking forward to that."

Jay stands up and moves towards me. "Jody and I want to give you some helpful information for when you go to UCLA over the weekend."

Jody nods. "The first thing you should know is that the frat houses tend to throw the wildest parties, because they need to let off steam after they play ball. You should go to the party with a group of people instead of your own."

I plan too.

Jay takes over where Jody stopped. "The things you should take away from this conversation is never take a drink from someone you don't know. It's easy for someone you don't know to spike your drink and we don't want that to happen to you. So, make sure that you fill your cup up yourself. Also, don't drink too much, that's asking for trouble and guys will take advantage of that."

"Thanks, Jay, Jody. This information is helpful for me." Looking at Jody I say. "I'll give you a call on Sunday night and tell you how the party goes. I hope I don't run into Damien there."

Jody laughs. "You could avoid him by leaving the room he enters. That way he won't see you and you can still avoid him at all costs."

Walking over to her I hug her. "Thanks, I'll do just that."

Jay looks at us and says. "Whose, Damien?"

Nick's the first one to jump in. "He's a douche bag, but a great football player. He took the high school team to Nationals where they won the competition. I believe after he's finished his four years at University he'll get recruited to play for a huge team. He's that good."

"What's his last name?"

"Josef," I say. "You saw him the other night at Donna's bar 'n' grill. He's the one that chased me down when I took your order to the kitchen."

"Oh," He looks out the window as a black BMW pulls in front of the house. The door to the car opens and I see Damien step out. He walks over to the trailer door and knocks.

Looking at everyone I say. "Tell him I'm not here."

Jody shakes her head. "That's not going to work, Paige. Just go to the door and talk to him. I'm sure this is the last time he'll do something like this."

"Fine," the knocking on the door starts again and Damien says. "Paige, I know you're inside. I saw you when I stepped out of the car."

I open the door and look at him. "What do you want, Damien?" Looking on the ground I see a box of my stuff on the ground. "I thought you would have thrown all this stuff out?"

He shakes his head. "I can't throw out anything you own, Paige. I needed things around my room to remind me of you, but this weekend has shown me that there's not a chance for us. So, I thought that I would give you this back." He runs a hand through his dirty blonde locks. "Paige, I'm truly sorry for the way I broke up with you. It was cruel and..." he cuts himself off.

I wrap my arms around his waist. "I forgive you, Damien." I lie my cheek on his chest as he slowly wraps his arms around me. A tear falls down my face.

This is the last time we'll ever be like this. I'm going to be set free when I let him go.

Damien kisses the top of my head. "This is 'goodbye, Paige.' I hope you have a great life at whatever campus you chose. The school is going to be lucky to have a girl like you there."