Proving Myself - 3.

After the game I walk over to Daryl and say. "Looks like you have to pay up."

He shakes his head. "I can't believe I got hustled by the likes of you."

A smile spreads across my face. "You should never underestimate me. There's so many people out there that have and I keep coming back swinging. Now, strip."

Damien walks over to me and places his arm around my shoulder. He lowers his voice and says. "I'm glad it's not you doing that. Or I would have to kill a lot of people. No one gets to look at you, but me."

Daryl strips off his clothes and he starts running down the street.

Darcy and Hayden walk out of the Granny flat and over to us. They look at Damien and say. "Can you play now?"

He looks at me and I shrug.

It's not up to me if he wants to play with them. I know he probably misses them as much as they do him.

Damien spent a lot of time with the twins and I while my parents were at work. He even drove us to the park when the girls wanted to go. He even brought them ice cream on the way home.

I had to keep that a secret from my parents. They didn't like the girls having ice cream before dinner.

Mom walks over to me and places her arm around me. "Are you okay, Paige?"

Sighing I say. "Mom, how can I move on from a guy that seems to be around all the time? My heart can't heal if he's around declaring his love for me and getting jealous of his friends."

Maybe, going to UCLA will be a bad thing, but I didn't apply to go anywhere else.

The school had the best program for what I want to study and it's in the city I love the most.

Mom pulls me aside and says. "I wish I could say something to make you feel better, Paige. When it comes to this my advice is a bit shit, as I never had to avoid the one I loved because he hurt me badly. Everything with your father was easy for us. I just wish you had it as easy as us, but then life would be dull."

A smile spreads across my face. "You know what to say to cheer me up. I should talk to the twins when Damien leaves. I don't want them to get attached to him again. They've always liked Damien and he's had a soft spot for them too."

Daryl streaks back down the street just as his parents pull into the driveway.

This is going to be interesting.

Daryl's parents step out of the car and they walk over to Mom. "What's going on?"
"Our children played football, but to make it interesting they decided that the loser had to streak down the street and back again."

Smiling at her I say. "Daryl, lost and had to pay the price of trying to shame me in front of everyone."

She laughs. "I'm glad you're here for the holidays. You'll be keeping my son on his toes. Too bad that you're taken."

I frown. "What do you mean by me being taken?"

"Damien, I heard his conversation with my son about you being his girlfriend."

"Oh," liking away from her I say. "I was his girlfriend. Until May of this year when he dumped me."

She looks at the house. "He doesn't see it that way. At least he knows what he's lost and he's looking for a way to get it back. I've heard the boys talk and they don't know which school you're choosing. It's driving them nuts."

"Smooth, I know you're trying to get information from me so you can share it with the boys, but I'm not going to tell you which school I'm going to. I don't want those boys knowing a thing."

Daryl runs down the driveway, just as his father steps out of the car. "Put some clothes on, son." He shudders. "I haven't seen your ass since you were eight." He walks over to his wife and wraps his arm around her shoulders. "Hi, Paige. I supposed you're the one responsible for that stunt."

A smile spreads across my face. "Yes, Sir. He deserved it because he thought he was better than me, but to prove it I decided to up the stakes and told him that the loser of the football game had to streak." Lowering my voice I say. "He never expected me to be as good as I was. If it wasn't for Damien teaching me everything while we were together it would have been me streaking down the street and back. I think Damien would have been by my side with a broom ready to hit anyone that would get close to me."

Daryl puts his clothes back on and walks over to me. His face is red and there sweat pouring down it. Looking at me he says. "I just embarrassed myself in front of two beautiful woman. How am I going to show my face around this town after that stunt?"

"You'll figure it out my friend." I pat his back and look down the street. Two girls are walking down the street, heading towards the house. "I hope they're not the girls you embarrassed yourself in front of."

Daryl looks at my parents place. "Is Damien in your place?"

"Yes, he's playing with the twins. If you interrupt him he won't be happy."

He hides behind me as the girls get closer.

The girls stop at the driveway and say. "Did you see the streaker? We were wondering if he would like to come with us to a party."

I move aside and reveal Daryl. "He would love to take you up on the offer." Pushing him forward, he stumbles a bit before standing in front of the girls.

A smile spreads across his face. "Hey, beautiful ladies. I'm Daryl."

The girls talk to him and I start to head towards my parents place. Opening the door I see Damien on the floor playing dolls with the girls. He looks at me as I enter the room. "Did Daryl finish his run?"

"Yeah," I look at the window. "The idiot attracted two girls with his naked form and they walked down here. They're talking to him right now."

"Damn, I never knew he had game. You seem to bring out things in other people and I'm liking it."

There's a knock on the door and Daryl walks in. "I got us a date, Damien. You need to get ready for it."

Damien shakes his head. "I have plans. It's with these lovely girls."

"I'm not asking, Damien. I'm telling you that we've got dates. You can give them a raincheck and come with me now."

Damien stands up and looks at his friends. "This is the only time I'll let you pull this sh..." he stops himself as he remembers he's still in the room with the twins. "Stunt, this once, but you aren't going to do it again. Do you understand?"

"Yes," Daryl opens the door and walks out.

Damien looks at the girls. "I'll come by tomorrow morning with breakfast and then you'll have me for the rest of the day." He walks out the door following his best friend.