Proving Him Wrong - 3.

I woke up this morning to my phone going off. I roll over and grab the phone from the bedside table. I look at the name on the screen 'Damien' flashes across it.

What does he want now?

I hit the ignore button. I turn the phone off and walk into the lounge room. The twins are sitting in the lounge room with their toys.

Mom is in the kitchen cooking breakfast. She looks at me and smiles. "Good morning, sweetheart. I have the day off today. So, I thought I'd take the twins to the park with Clara."

I smile. "You like her don't you?"

She nods. "Yeah, I see why you dropped the twins at her place when you wanted to spend time with Jody."

My mouth drops.

Mom laughs. "Clara told me everything. She also said the twins remind her of her Grandchildren."

She never told me she had Grandchildren.

Mom places a plate of bacon and eggs on the table.

The twins walk over to the table and they put food on their plates. They look at me. "Do you have to go to work today?"

I nod. "Yes, I do. How about on my payday I take you two to the shops and we have a look at how much a doll house is going to cost?"

Hayden jumps off her seat and runs to me. She wraps her small arms around. "Yes,"

Darcy nods.

First pay cheque is going to the twins.

Mom looks at us. "If your father gets this job he'll be able to buy you the dollhouse himself."

I hope he gets the job.

I look over at Mom. "What time is Dad's interview?"

Mom looks at the clock. "Ten, I think."

I finish off my breakfast and put the dishes in the sink. I walk to my room and get ready for work. I pick up my handbag off the floor and I kiss Mom and the twins before I exit the house. I pulled around the corner of my house and I scream.

Someone covers my mouth. "Shhh, I'm not going to hurt you." A familiar voice whispers.

I turn my head and look into the blue eyes of my Ex.

Damn, I was hoping he would have been gone by now.

Damien lets me go. "Can we talk?"

I cross my arms. "I have nothing to say to you Damien. Can't you just leave for University now?"

"I'm leaving today, Paige."

I smile. "Great, now I don't have to see your ugly face around town until you return for the holidays. I have to go." I walk away from him.

I hope this is the last time I see him.

Nick looks at me as I round the corner. He has a huge smile on his face when he sees me. His face falls.

That's when I know that he saw Damien as he walks away.

Nick climbs into the car and I open the door and climb inside.

I put my seatbelt on and turn to Nick. "He just showed up. I told him to stop trying to see me. I'm not going to give him another chance. He ruined that when he said all those hurtful things to me after Graduation."

Nick pulls the car away from the house. His hands tighten on the steering wheel and they turn white. His jaw is clenched. "I don't want to talk about your Ex."