Proving Him Wrong - 6

One Month Later...

Nick and I have been living together for a month. He's been one of the best people to live with. He works fulltime and manages to have dinner on the table for me when I walk through the door after I've finished my shift at the café.

If I'm working at Donna's bar 'n' Grill Nick would drive to the place and have dinner. He would ask to sit in my section so I could serve him.

Donna's never had a problem with me serving him. She did tell me once that if Nick steps out of live he won't be able to come back.

I told him what she said and he promised to be on his best behavior.

Renee puts the closed sign on the door before she walks back to the counter where I'm wiping it down. She pulls the till out and starts counting the money. Stepping out from behind the counter I walk over to the tables and wipe them down. I put the chairs on the table before I move to the next section.

Once all the tables are cleaned I move towards the kitchen and do the dishes. When that's done Renee walks into the room and she looks around. "You can leave now, Paige. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Thanks, Renee. I'll see you tomorrow." I grab my bag from under the counter and walk out the door. I walk down the road to my car. Opening the car door I place my handbag on the passenger seat and start the engine. Before I pull away from the curb I hear someone call my name.

Looking around I see a girl that I went to high school with. She runs over to the car and leans against the passenger window. "Hey, Paige."

A smile spreads across my face. "Hey, Luna, was it?"

"Yes," she smiles. "I wasn't sure if you'd remember me. Since it's the long weekend and some people are coming back from college I was wondering if you'd like to come to a party at my place?"

"When's the party?"

"Tomorrow?"

Leaning across to the passenger seat I grab my phone and have a look at what I've got going on. I open the calendar and see that I'm working at the café and Donna's Bar 'N' Grill. Looking at her I say. "Sorry, Luna. I won't be able to make it as I have a double shift."

She shakes her head. "That sucks. I was hoping to have someone that skipped going to college to be with me when our old classmates came home." She steps away from the car. "I'll see you around." Luna walks away from the car and then dashes across the road as she see's someone else.

I pull away from the curb and drive to the trailer park. On the way to the trailer park I see a liquor store and pull the car over. Grabbing my bag I head inside the store and look at the selection of wine they have. I see a red a wine and grab that.

Walking over to the counter I place the bottle down. The guy looks at me and says. "Can I see some ID?"

I pull out my fake ID and place it on the counter.

He looks at it before giving it back to me and scanning the bottle. He tells me the price and I pay for it.

 He tells me the price and I pay for it