Proving Myself - Prologue

Walking down the halls of UCLA I overhear a group of guys talking about a new website on campus that shows girls having sex and they don't know that they're being recorded.

Great! This is another thing that I need to shut down on campus.

The guy looks around and says. "The site is called Midnight Seduction and people are uploading it anonymously. I would love to see the person that's been ruining our phones and stealing from us.

They're not going to find out that it was me. My invention isn't that easily discoverable.

As I walk past the group one of them says. "That's Paige McGuire." Lowering his voice he adds. "She would be perfect for one of those videos. We have to get her drunk though."

This guy is a moron. He didn't lower his voice enough for me not to hear his plan of putting me on one of those disgusting videos.

Opening the door to the courtyard I see Michelle sitting on seat with a book in her hand. She looks up as I walk out. "Hey, Paige. How was your last class?"

"Good, what are you doing on the other side of campus? I know you don't usually hang around here."

She puts the book in her bag. "Have you heard of the new website?"

I nod. "I was walking down the hall and overheard a conversation about it." I start walking toward my dorm. "I'll have to do some research on this site and find out where it originated from. Then I'm going to delete everything and make sure that the site won't ever resurface."

A smile spreads across her face. "We're lucky to have someone like you, Paige. You're doing everything and not expecting recognition for it."

I don't need it.