Proving Myself - 2.

After pushing the twins for a bit I walk over to seat and sit down. Lifting my head to the sky I enjoy the heat from the sun. I see a ball flying through the air and I catch it before it causes any harm to me.

A guy with ruffled brown hairs runs over to me. His shirt is draped over his shoulder and sweat is falling down his face. "Hello, Sweetheart." he says, in a British accent. "Can I have the ball back?"

I throw it at him and he flinches as it hits him in the stomach. "Keep your ball away from me." Standing up I head over to the park where Darcy and Hayden are going down the slide. I turn my attention to the group on the field and see Daryl with them.

"Paige, can we get some ice cream now?" Hayden asks.

"Sure," Grabbing the twins hands I start to walk towards the car park. On the way there a football is thrown at us and I catch it mid-air. Pulling my pocket knife out my pocket I cut the ball and throw it on the ground.

They're not going to have fun now.

Daryl runs over to me. "You're a crazy, bitch."

Pulling the girls close to me I cover their ears and say. "It's better than being an asshole. What have I done to you?"

A smile spreads across his face. "Nothing, but I'm finishing what happened to you in High School. No-one's going to stick up for you."

A guy jogs over to us and I see that it's Damien. He looks at me. "Hey, Paige. I didn't know you would be here."

"Damien," the twins yell and throw themselves into his arm.

"I'm visiting my parents." Putting at Daryl I say. "Apparently, his father is my Dad's boss and they're living in the Granny Flat."

Damien looks between Daryl and I. "What's going on between you two?"

"Nothing," Daryl says.

Damien doesn't believe him and he looks at me for confirmation.

"I can deal with this myself, Damien. We're not together anymore and what happens with me shouldn't be any of your concern." Looking at the twins I say. "Let's get ice-cream."

"No," they yell. Wrapping their arms around Damien they say. "Damien."

Damien looks down at them and a smile spreads across his face. He kneels at their height. "I miss you girls so much, but you should listen to your sister and get the ice-cream. How about tonight I come over and we can play then?"

I don't want you near the house.

"Okay," the twins say at the same time.

Damien starts talking to them and they tell him about pre-school.

Daryl's mouth is open as he looks at the sight in front of him. He turns his attention to me. "The guys on campus lied to me?"

I cross my arms and look at him. "He still cares about me, Daryl. If you want to get on his good side you really should stop listening to gossip. It makes you look like an asshole." I grab the girls hand and pull them away from the guys.

The girls climb into the car and I buckle them up. Grabbing their favourite toys I place it in their hands. I climb into the drivers and start the car. Reversing the car I hear something hit the bonnet and see the football the guys were playing with on it.

If they damaged my car I'll kill them.

Putting the car in park I climb out to see the damage they did to it. There's a small dent on it.

Where the hell did they get a second ball from?

I pierce the second ball with my pocket knife and look at them. "Haven't you learnt from the first time? I'm not to be messed with. You know one of the greatest football player's on your team taught me a few things. I guarantee with everything he taught me I'd be able to kick your ass."