Proving Him Wrong - 4.

Nick and I walk over to the Managers office the trailer park. He turns to me. "Who would have thought that Nick Smith would be moving in with a beautiful woman that he's not dating?"

I turn to him. "Do you really want to move in with me, Nick? Or, will I be in the way of you being the bachelor ways?"

He shakes his head. "You'll never get in the way. I'll tell all my conquests that you are my sister if it helps."

I cross my arms. "I don't want to be your fake sister. Just sleep with the girls at their homes or take them to your parent's trailer.

He laughs. "I never bring the girls home. I end up at their place most of time or we end up in the bathroom at whatever club we're at."

I shake my head. "Nick, you should find a girl that's not just into sex."

He wrap his arm around my shoulder. "I found her. But, she's pining after her ex."

I push him away. "I'm not pining after him. I don't want to date anyone while I try to figure out what I want in life. It will be unfair for the guy and I when I decide to leave for University."

Nick whispers. "You can date me until you go to University."

I roll my eyes. "Nick,"

Nick knock on the manager's office and he opens the door for us. He smiles. "Well if it isn't my new tenants. I have the paperwork on the bench."

Nick and I enter the office and there's boxes all over the floor and papers are spilling out of the boxes. A filing cabinet stands in the corner with boxes around it.

This place needs to be organized.

I turn to the manager. "You need someone to organize all these papers. The way everything is right now is a hazard. If someone walked by with a lighter all those papers will go up."

The manager sits at his desk. "Do you want to help me to organize this mess?"

I shrug. "If you pay me I'll help you out."

He laughs. "My tenants never seem to stop surprising me. Alright, I'll pay for your help to organize this office. When can you start?"

"Sunday? I have two jobs to work on Thursday and Friday. Saturday, I have a late shift. I prefer to have a lazy day on Saturday."

He smiles. "Alright, I'll see you on Sunday." He places the paperwork on the table for Nick and I.

We sign the documents for being new tenants.

The manager looks at me. "I'm sorry for being rude. You two probably don't know who I am since your parents have been the ones to deal with me. I'm Leon Thatcher."

I shake his hand. "Paige McGuire."

Leon gives Nick keys for the trailer. "Thanks, Leon."

Nick and I exit the office and make our way back to my trailer. When we get to the trailer I see my Dad pull out front of the trailer.

Dad steps out of the car and I run over to him. I hug him. "I'm happy you got the job. The twins are going to have a better life now."

Dad smiles. "Are you alright with that?"

I shrug. "It's not about me anymore. I am an adult and it's about time I learn to look after myself."

Dad pulls out a packet from the car. "I drove by UCLA and I got this from the office and I spoke to the Dean of Students. He said if you can fill this out in the next two weeks he'll fast track your acceptance for winter."