My Dearest,

John's POV

He should be back at 5:20-ish. 45 minutes to spare.

I clean the dorms a bit. And then I get to his side.
It's the last picture of us from two years ago.
It was under his pillow. It's a polaroid and the bottom of it says, "Love of my life."

Holy shit.

It was us hugging, taken by Martha. It was a day or two before... everything.

I smile softly and take a picture of it on my phone before placing it back under his pillow.

I add it to my "This Guy" folder and continue to clean up everything.

Apparently I had lost 7 pairs of pants under the bed without me knowing.

Well.

Eventually, 5:15 rolls around and I'm debating on what to wear. I already threw the picnic basket into the car and I'm deciding between a flannel over a white shirt or my bomber over it.

Flannel.

I put on the flannel along with ripped black jeans, like usual, and my good ol' Converse.

Alex walks in while I lace my shoes up.

"Hey, Johnny?"

"Yeah?"

"You should wear my leather jacket. You look hot in it, from last time you wore it."

Like 3 years ago.

I smile softly, "I could never take your branding." and giggle softly.

He rolls his eyes and swiftly pulls the flannel off and lays the jacket on my shoulders, my arms not through the sleeves.

He chuckles and grabs his phone, taking a photo of him kissing my head while I lean against him.

I happen to see him place it in a few folders. "Hot guys" "John being cute" and "Us"

He doesn't notice as I watch him smile like a dork as his fingers tap the screen.

"I'm a hot guy, huh?" I tease and focus my attention on the rising red on his cheeks.

He smiles and pockets his phone. "Date!" He yells before grabbing my bomber and slipping it on.

We get to the site and I blindfold him with an old headband from when I went through that phase.

I lead him down the hill and stand in front of the bench. I give him a kiss, startling him.

"Can I open now?" He whines, pouting.

"Fine." I whisper as he takes it off.

His eyes immediately reflect the pink glow of the lights. They get wider as he looks at every detail.

I put the basket down on the small cloth and sit down, urging him to join me.

We small talk, ask normal questions and whatever. It all goes well, perfect, even.

I get up and pack shit together when he comes and hugs me. His hand slips into my back pocket as I blush and smile against his shoulder. I peck his cheek and we head back to the dorms.

It wasn't until I took my shower that I realized what he had done was slip a note into my pocket. I take it out.

"My dearest, Laurens,
Cold in my professions, warm in my friendships... I wish, my Dear Laurens, it might be in my power, by action rather than words, to convince you that I love you.
You stole my heart a long ways back, and you still have hold of it. You never let it go, nor gave it back to me despite everything that has happened, my love. This letter is written solely to ask you a question, my Dear Laurens.
Will you be my boyfriend?
-Love, your dearest, Alexander."

My heart melts at his words. While I shower, I think of everything.
Letting him live with me.
Letting him into my life.
Letting him into my heart.
He's the only person I ever felt that strongly for.

I finish my shower and walk into the bedroom. Alex sits on his bed, reading. His round glasses are propped up on the bridge of his nose.

"Hey, Dearest, Alexander."

He looks up at me, our gaze lingering.

"You read it." I smile softly and nod.

"If course, Lexi. I will be your boyfriend..." I trail off. "As long as I can call you mine, that's all I want. I want you." I whisper the last part as he takes his glasses off.

He stands up and sets his book on the nightstand. The Giver.

He walks up to me, my body still only covered with a towel.

"John, it's been a while since we..." He starts, trying to pick the right word.

"Fucked." I state, understanding where this is going.

He smiles and kisses me passionately, his shirt against my dripping chest. I smirk against his lips as we continue.

He pulls away for a second, "I worship you... I'd trade my life for yours."

He leans back in, and I pull away. "They all will disappear. We'll plant our garden here."

We don't lean in again. His chocolate eyes stare deep into my golden ones, almost like he's giving me access to his mind.

I love this guy.

I lean in, passing his face and going to his ear. I whisper, "Our love is God..."

A few moment later he replies just as quietly, "Our love is God."

I pull away from him and smile.

I smile a small one, but it meant a lot. I feel tears building up for no reason.

Just that I love him.

He smiles and pulls me into a soft kiss which soon gains passion and lust.

His shirt is on the ground, he's just in his boxers.

My towel is still around me as we stay standing, despite my knees wobbling.

Eventually he tugs on the towel and drops it. exposing me to him.

He smirks before sitting on my bed. I know where this is going.