×26×

September 24, 2014
12:45 p.m.

I was sitting on the chair waiting for Valentina to come back. I was on my phone texting Kimberly. Kimberly was the only one who knew who Valentina was to me.

mi reina 💖
how is she?

me
tired she wants me to
take her home and I can't.
I feel so bad. I just want to
take her home.

mi reina 💖
i'm sorry baby
do you need me
to bring you something?

me
no, baby
I'm okay.

mi reina 💖
well let me know
if you do okay? 😘

me
thanks mami 😘

**

"Hey preciosa," I smiled and she gave me a small smile.

"Hi Chucky," she walked over to me and hugged me. "I want to go home Beni. I'm so tired."

"I know baby, I know." I said and kissed her temple. "We just have to wait for the results princesa."

"Okay," she said and she sat on my lap. I moved the IV bag to the side. They kept her hydrated because she had a high fever these past two days. She laid her head on my shoulder. I heard her sniffling and I hugged her.

"It's going to be okay mamita," I kissed the top of her head and rested my cheek on head.

"I just don't know what's wrong and it scares me," she sobbed and I rubbed her back.

"It's going to be okay," I said and she looked at me.

"You promise?" She said raising her pinky and I chuckled.

"I promise," I wrapped my pinky around hers and she smiled. "Do you want to hear a joke?"

"Yeah," she nodded cleaning her face.

"What did the big bucket said to the smaller one?" I asked and she snickered shrugging her shoulders. "Looking a little pail there."

She bursted out in laughter and I just looked at her chuckling. It wasn't funny at all, but she loved them.

"Where's mami?" She asked and I sighed.

"She's going to be here soon preciosa," I said and she laid down on my shoulder again. "Mamita go to bed. It's more comfortable."

"Okay," she said and laid down on the bed. She closed her eyes and I moved the chair closer to the bed.

I started playing with her hair until she fell asleep. She looked drained. I heard the door open and our mother walked in.

"Hey baby," she exclaimed when she saw me and I glared at her. Her eyes were glossy and she sniffled before touching her nose.

She was high. It made me so fucking mad.

"First of all lower your damn voice, Valentina just fell asleep. I don't need you waking her up," I seethed and she shook her head.

"I'm her mother! I came to see my babygirl," she exclaimed and Valentina stirred on her bed.

"I don't give a fuck, you've been missing for three days. You left Valentina with that good for nothing boyfriend of yours," I whispered harshly and grabbed her arm pulling her out the room.

"I'm sorry baby. I just-," she sighed and teared up. "I'll get better, I promise."

"Just go home and get cleaned up. Come back when you're not like this," I said and she reached for my face but I backed up.

"Don't touch me," I said and started walking back to the room.

"Benito, don't treat me like this. Please, I am your mother." She cried and I scoffed.

"Go clean up and come back," I repeated and went to the room.

"Hi princesa," I smiled when Valentina looked at me. "Are you feeling better?"

"Yeah, a little bit." She said and I kissed her forehead.

**

"It's only migraines but, we had to rule out some other possible options such as epilepsy," the doctor said to us and continued to explain a lot of stuff.

**

"See? I told you, you'd be okay preciosa." I said and she hugged me tight. I hugged her back and kissed the top of her head.

"You're a great dad," a nurse said walking past us and Valentina snickered.

"Did she just called me old?" I asked and Valentina started laughing.

"She wants you to be her daddy," Valentina whispered and I laughed.

"What you know about that?" I asked and she rolled her eyes and kept walking.

-end-
I love writing flashbacks