×prologue×

February 21, 2010
7:38 p.m.

"Daddy no!" I screamed crying. "Don't leave me."

"I can't take care of you anymore Valen," he said cleaning my tears.

"No daddy please. I promise, I'll listen. I'll behave." I sobbed on his arms and he rubbed my back.

"Valentina please. I need to go," he said letting go of me.

"Come here babygirl," my mom said and I shook my head. She reached for my arm but I moved back.

"Sara do something!" Dad yelled at my mom and she shrugged her shoulders raising her hands.

"What am I supposed to do?" She pushed him annoyed. "How am I supposed to hold my little girl when she won't even come close to me because of you?"

"Because of me? No Sara, this is all on you! You couldn't take care of her. I had to do that! Look how Benito turned out." He said and my mom slapped him.

"Valentina," I heard a boy's voice and I looked back. "Do you remember me?" He asked reaching for my face but I took a step back.

"Who are you?" I asked and he smiled tearing up.

"Benito, your brother." He said and I smiled cleaning my tears.

"I have a brother?" I gasped and he nodded.

My dad never talk to me about him. He talked about mom most of the time. I knew who she was. She came one time to visit and talk to me.

"Can I hug you?" I whispered and he wrapped his arms around me.

"It's okay, you're going to be safe with me. With us. We're family now." He said rubbing my back.

"Promise?" I asked and he hummed in response. I separated from him and lifted my pinky up. He chuckled and entwined his pinky with mine.

"Promise," he smiled and I nodded. I hugged him again and he hugged me back.

**
July 21, 2014
12:00 a.m.

"Valen," I heard someone whisper in my ear. "Valentina wake up mi reina."

I rubbed my eyes and opened them, "What time is it Benito?"

"Twelve," he said showing me his phone and I squinted because of the brightness. "Happy birthday mi reina."

"Benito," I whined throwing myself back in bed. "It's so early."

"I know, but I wanted to be the first one to congratulate you on your fifteen birthday. You're like grown now," he argued and I rolled my eyes.

"You're always the first one," I chuckled and he laughed. "I've always been grown Beni."

"Here, open it." He gave me a box and I smiled.

"You got me a Polaroid!" I exclaimed hugging him. "Thank you Beni."

"You deserve it mi reina," he kissed my temple.

I felt a piercing pain in my head. I separated from Benito and held my head.

"Woah, hey are you okay?" He asked placing his hand on my back.

"I'm fine just a headache." I said taking a deep breath.

"I'll get you a pill," he said and I nodded.

I laid back and waited for him to come back.

"Here you go," he sat next to me and gave me the pills. "Are you sure you okay?"

"Yeah," I nodded giving him a small smile. "I love you, Chucky."

He laughed and kissed my temple, "I love you mi reina."

"I'mma go back to bed. Be careful Benito." I said knowing he will go out again.

"I will, goodnight," he said throwing the wrapping paper in the small blue trashcan. He put the blanket over me and caressed my cheek.

"Mami loves you, you know that right?" I said and he hummed.

"I bet she does," he said with gritted teeth. "I have to go mi reina."

"Bye Chucky."

-end-
Y'ALL I'M SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS