×6×

3:39 p.m.

He drove down to the beach since we were close. I decided to eat Chinese takeout by the beach so here we were sitting down on the sand eating.

"What are you?" He asked and I snickered.

"I'm a ghost whisperer and I'm here to help you find the light," I joked and he laughed. "Tell me, what is the latest memory you have?"

"As a comedian you would die of hunger," he said and I nodded taking a bite of my egg roll. "What are you mixed with?"

"Dominican and Venezuelan," I said covering my mouth.

"Interesting mix," he said and I nodded. "How come I've never seen you before?"

"You were en la pinta," I shrugged my shoulders and he raised his eyebrow.

"You asked about me?" He said and I shook my head laughing.

"Everyone knows that."

"Fair enough," he chuckled and I smiled.

"I never go out of my house other than for school," I said and he nodded.

"So I've heard," he said and I chuckled.

"My turn to ask questions," I said straightening up. "When did you joined the Santos?"

"You are very straightforward," he chuckled and I nodded smiling. "I was twelve. Four years after that my dad got locked up, and here we are now."

"I'm sorry about your dad," I said and he waved me off.

"It's okay. What you know about gangs, Brentwood?" He said and I shook my head at the new nickname.

"I grew up in the hood. I just went to school in Brentwood. I know my stuff." I said and he squinted his eyes.

It helps having a brother in a gang too.

"I have a question it's cool if you don't want to answer it," he said and I tied my hair in a ponytail. The wind was being annoying.

"Go ahead," I said grabbing a fry from the box.

"You and Benito? Y'all together?" He asked and I snickered.

"No, not at all. I have a boyfriend pero he ain't it. Benito and I are close friends. He's family." Literally.

My phone rang and I look at the caller ID.
J-Boy 💕

"Hi baby," I answered smiling. Oscar took out his phone and started texting.

"Hey babe. How are you?" He asked and I twirled my hair on my finger.

"I'm fine how's vacation?" I asked and Oscar looked at me. I stuck my tongue out and he smiled.

"I heard you went to the hospital again Valentina," he started and I sighed.

"Babe," I called out and he continued his rambling. "Jacob listen," I called out again but he didn't hear me. "Jacob! Coñazo, yo te tengo que hablar en español pa' que tu me escuches." I yelled and he shut up.

"Sorry baby," he apologized and I took a deep breath.

"Calm down. I'm okay, it was nothing serious." I explained and he hummed. If I didn't knew him any better I'd say he was frowning right now.

"Are you sure babygirl?" He asked and I nodded.

"Yes baby," I replied.

"What are you doing right now?" He asked.

"At the beach with a friend," I said and he hummed.

Here we go. Jacob is extremely jealous.

"What friend?" He asked and I rolled my eyes.

"You don't know him," I said and he sucked his teeth.

"What exactly are you doing with a boy at the beach?" He asked with an accusing tone.

"Nothing, were eating." I said and he scoffed.

"Right eating," he said and I frowned.

"It's not like that, stop it." I muttered and he hummed.

"Whatever Valentina, have fun with your friend." He said and hung up.

"Breathe Valentina, breathe. It's okay he'll get over it and he'll call back. He loves you. Yup, yup, yup." I muttered to myself gripping the phone tightly.

"You okay there?" Oscar asked and I looked at him.

"Yeah, sorry about that." I said and he nodded.

"Friend huh?" He said pushing my knee with his.

"I mean, yeah I guess. If you want," I stuttered and he chuckled.

"Yeah, Cinderella. I want that," he said and I smiled.

-end-