×4×

June 28, 2018
4:56 p.m.

"Prophets been trying to take over of our side and I don't like that at all." Oscar stated and my phone started ringing.

"Shit," I whispered ignoring the call.

"We will eliminate them. I want Antonio, Berto, Benito and Joyce to come with me to give our little friends a reminder of who runs this block," he said and my phone rang again I looked at the ID caller and frowned.

"Beni is everything okay?" Oscar asked looking at me and I looked at my phone.

"I have to take this phone call," I said and he nodded.

"Hey mi reina," I replied walking away. "You okay?"

I rubbed my face and nodded, "Valentina. I asked you last night if you weren't having any headaches and what you said? No."

"Valentina this is not about worrying me or not. You know that anything that happens with you is not just a headache, just feeling nauseous. You need to talk to me." I replied annoyed rubbing my neck.

"I'm not yelling at you," I sighed softly. "I love you mi reina."

"Mi reina don't cry it's okay. You're going to be fine," I coaxed softly tearing up. "No baby don't say that. Tell ma that I said to take you to take you to the hospital Valen."

"Valentina, I don't give a fuck go tell her what I said." I cleaned my tears. "I love you too mi reina."

I hung up and shoved my hands in my pockets. I was so fucking worried. My eyes watered and I quickly cleaned them up.

What am I going to do with you Valentina?

"You okay homie?" Oscar asked placing his hand on my shoulder.

"Hynas man, gotta love them." I said walking past him.

**

10:56 p.m.

I pushed the window open and jumped in. Valentina fell asleep waiting for me. I gave her a lopsided smile and carefully laid next to her. I played with her hair for a while and felt tears run across my face.

"I love you chiquita," I whispered and she stirred frowning. She opened her eyes and smiled when she saw me.

"Why are you crying?" She asked frowning and I cleaned my face.

"It's nothing chiquita," I said kissing her forehead.

"That cologne will give me allergies," she pointed out closing her eyes again.

"My bad," I said and she smiled. "What you smiling for?"

"Nothing," she sucked her teeth. "They said I'm fine."

"That is not fine," I said frowning and I saw a tear roll down to the side of her face. "Come here."

Valentina sniffled and I sat pressing my back against the wall. She grabbed the pillow and placed against my chest. She sat between my legs and laid her head on the pillow. I wrapped my arms around her and she started crying.

"Princesa don't cry, please" I whispered rubbing her back. "You're going to be fine."

"Am I?" She sniffled holding onto my shoulder tightly. "Because I don't think I'm fine."

A knot started forming in my throat, so I just held her. "It fucking sucks, whatever it is it has to go."

"Yes, you will be fine," I reassured once I collected myself.

"I love you Chucky," she whispered and I smiled.

"I love you too."

Her phone dinged and she cleaned her tears before grabbing it. She looked at the notification and smiled.

"Who are we texting?" I asked taking her phone.

Spooky...szn👻
hey

"Why?" I asked giving her the phone.

"Why not?" She asked and I frowned.

"Because he's messed up. I don't want you getting hurt over stupid shit." I said and she glared at me.

"Whatever," she muttered and I frowned.

"Who you glaring at?" I scoffed and she rolled her eyes.

"You, and your mean ass face," she huffed and I chuckled loudly. "Shut up! Ma is going to wake up."

I sucked my teeth and raised my hands in surrender, "Whatever."

"Don't whatever me! She'll come and talk shit on and on and on." She groaned burying her head on the pillow.

"Relax," I snickered and she got comfortable closing her eyes.

"She asks about you all the time Benito. She loves you," she whispered poking my cheek. "Wanna hear a joke?"

"I know," I muttered. "I love her too. She's my mom after all. I'm just not ready to forgive her any time soon. No, keep it to yourself you suck."

"If I suck, you swallow papito," she said poking my chest.

"You're so fucking disgusting sometimes," I said and she snickered. She held my hand and slowly drift off.

I picked her up and gently placed her on the bed. I placed the blanket over her and kissed her forehead before leaving.

-end-