×39×

September 21, 2018
10:53 a.m.

"How is she doing?" Oscar asked grabbing Valentina's hand.

"They said she's doing okay. She just needs to wake up." I replied rubbing her cheek. She was hooked to so many machines that it was kind of hard to reach for her face.

"If you need to go home and shower, you can I'll stay here." Oscar offered and I nodded.

"I'll be back soon, thank you for watching over her," I said and Oscar gave me a half smile.

"How could I not?" He asked kissing her hand.

Valentina has been in a coma for four days now.

**
September 18, 2018
12:34 p.m.

I was on my way to the high school Lee had texted me that Valentina was having an episode. A bad one. Once I got there the ambulance was already there. They recommended we followed them instead as they needed all the space they could get just in case she started convulsing again.

"What the fuck is happening?" I asked once I saw Lee. He had tears down his face and he looked shook up.

"I don't know. We were sitting at the table and she just started convulsing. She stopped for a little but it started again and I just- I don't know," he explained as we were walking back to my car.

"How was she feeling before this?" I asked driving behind the ambulance.

"She said she wasn't feeling good. She had a headache. I asked if she had been taking her pills and she said yeah," he answered sniffling a little. "Is she okay?"

"I don't know," I replied. I hope she will be.

Once we got to the hospital Oscar was already there waiting for us. They had us wait for what it seemed was hours. The doctor came out and explained she was in a 'status epilepticus' meaning she had more than one seizure back to back. He explained that she was currently in a coma due to the last seizure being hard on her brain.

After that we went to see her and she had all types of cables hooked to her. She had an oxygen mask, IV fluids and sensors monitoring her brain activity.

"We're hoping to do some MRI's to see if there's anything causing the seizures," he informed and I frowned.

"Something like what?" I asked not liking what was insinuated by his statement.

"Tumors," he answered and I clenched my jaw. I saw Oscar take a deep shaky breath and Lee just looked down. "Has she been under any type of stress lately?"

"Yes," Oscar, Lee, and I replied in unison.

Our so called mother was missing for a couple of days now. I know she was back doing drugs and it was just a matter of time until she pulled this shit. She had taken all the jewelry and cash with her. Valentina was stressing out trying to find her. I was trying my best to keep my composure but her mother just made things so hard.

We stayed quiet for a second and he gave us an apologetic look before walking out the room.

"She's gonna be okay, right?" I asked and Oscar just nodded dragging a chair next to her.

**
September 21, 2018
11:34 a.m.

I had just came out the shower and was laying down. I couldn't keep it together anymore I just started crying.

"Amor?" I heard Kimberly call out for me. I heard her steps come closer. "Come here."

She held me close and stared rubbing my back, "it's okay amor. She's going to be okay."

"I don't know what I'm going to do if something happens to her."

She shushed me as she kept making circles on my back, "Valentina is a strong girl. Soon she'll be back to her normal self. Full of happiness and jokes. It's gonna be okay mi rey."

I started to calm down a bit and she just kept rubbing my back.

"Get some rest amor," she ordered kissing my lips when she stood up. "I'm going to get the food started okay?"

"Stay," I pleaded and she gave me a half smile before we laid down. "I love you."

"I love you too," she said cuddling against my chest.

[end]