×31×

August 27, 2018
7:03 a.m.

"I don't want to go," I said biting my nails.

"Solecito, you have to. It's going to be okay," Oscar said and I sighed.

"I'll show you around. You can hang with the fam for the day," Cesar said and I shook my head.

"Aye, look at me." Oscar held my face and kissed my hand. "It doesn't matter what everyone will say or think."

"I don't care, but I don't want people staring. Like bitch can I help you?" I said and Oscar snickered.

"You're hanging out with José way too much," Cesar pointed out and I laughed.

"His attitude is contagious," I shrugged my shoulders.

"Go," Oscar said and I sighed and pecked his lips. "Nah, give me a proper kiss."

I smiled and he held my face. I leaned in and kissed him.

"Okay, see? That's enough," Cesar said pushing Oscar away and making me blush.

"Back off puto," Oscar scoffed and Cesar stuck his middle finger up. "Right up your ass papito."

He got off and moved the seat so Cesar could get out. I sighed and got out too.

"Do I have too?" I asked and Oscar pulled me towards him. He pressed his forehead against mine and pecked my lips.

"Yes, it's your first day." He said and I sucked my teeth.

"A'ight whatever," I shrugged my shoulders and he laughed.

"I love you," he said and I smiled.

"I love you too."

"Cool you love her, she loves you let's go. Goodbye Oscar," Cesar said dragging me to the school.

**

"This is Monse," he pointed at a curly haired girl who gave me a small smile. "Ruby," he pointed at the short boy next to Monse. "Jamal," he pointed to the tall nervous wreck boy standing next to Monse.

"This is Valentina, Oscar's girlfriend." Cesar said and I waved gently. Jamal opened his eyes wide and Monse smacked him lightly.

"I'm Olivia," the girl who was standing next to Ruby introduced herself.

"Oh sorry," Cesar said blushing and Monse raised her eyebrow.

"What is it like?" Jamal asked looking at me and I sighed.

"Itchy," I said and he shook his head.

"No, not that." He pointed at the bandages. "Being with Oscar."

"Oh," I snickered. "He's nice to me, so I guess great."

"That's weird, because he's so mean looking," I chuckled and he shook his head. "I'm not saying he's ugly. He just has a mean face."

"Calm down," I giggled at his nervousness. "He does have a mean face."

"What happened to you?" Olivia blurted out and Jamal squinted his eyes at her.

"Why do you care?" Monse asked and I cleared my throat.

"It's okay," I smiled softly. "It's to monitor my seizures. They think I might have epilepsy."

"You can die from that," Jamal blurted out and then covered his mouth. "Sorry."

"Jamal!" Ruby exclaimed rolling his eyes. "Don't pay attention to him. He's always saying things like that."

I nodded and took a deep breath.

"You okay?" Cesar whispered in my ear and I nodded.

"I'll go find my home room," I told him and he gave me a sad smile. "It was nice meeting you guys."

-end-