Chap. 16 ~Naming the First Task

• Dedicated to My readers, followers, fans, and everything in between

 Author's Note: Okay, so obviously it's been a long time since I've posted, but I'm on spring break and school work is slowing down a bit and I thought I would post something. Due to my lack of writing, I know this chapter will be horrid, but I'm going to try my best until I get back into the swing of things. Thanks for hopefully not complaining to bad about this. And also, because I want to do someting different, in this version a witch or wizard can drop out of the triwizard tounament if they can find a worthy and willing person to take their place. Hint, hint. So uh, yeah. Just a short chapter to get things kicked off again. It will probably be a little boring because there is no fluff or smut or anything really, but it is important to the story line. Welp... Here ya go.

Chapter 16

Harry's POV

"Dragons." 

"What?" 

"Dragons, Draco. The first task is dragons." 

"DRAGONS!? Harry, no offense, but you cant fight a dragon!" Draco said a bit too loudly. 

"Shhh," I said, worried that someone might notice us in the corner of the library, "I know I can't fight a bloody dragon." 

Draco gave a look of concern, "Well... What are you going to do?" 

"I haven't really figured that out yet. It's not like I can quit or anything," I said, growing very annoyed and upset at the thought of being put in this foul competition. 

"Harry.." Draco said quietly, "I love you. Please don't die." 

"I love you too, Draco."

"And there is nothing I can do?" Draco asked.

Thinking I responded, "Not really... Unless... No, I don't want you to do that."

"What?" Draco asked quickly.

“Nothing.” I said.

Draco gave me the – are you fucking serious - look, “You can't start to say something then decide not to tell me mid-sentence. I mean really, that's just cruel. You have to tell me what you were going to say.”

“Do I, though? Do I really?”

“Harry.” Draco said glaring at me.

“Fine, fine.” I hesitated. I didn't exactly want to tell Draco, because I knew what he would try to do, but he is my boyfriend and I know it wouldn't be good for me if I kept it from him, "Well, a new rule has been added saying that a witch or wizard is able to drop out of the tournament if they are able to find someone who is able and willing to take your place. But Draco, I don't want you doing anything about that. I don't want you in this competition just as much as you don't want me in it."

Draco said nothing, but simply kissed me on the cheek and walked away. A small smile crawling upon his face. This smile just happened to be the smile he shows when he has an idea... I don't trust this smile...

--------------------

Draco's POV

"Of course I'm taking Harry's place," I said to Hermione, whom I have become pretty close friends with over the recent weeks.

Hermione gave a look of relief ,"Oh thank God. We all know that Harry just isn't prepared."

"What about Harry?" asked a raven haired boy who came running over to us. We were sitting outside.

"Oh nothing, babe," I said before giving him a kiss on the cheek since nobody else was outside. Harry stared at me for a few seconds before turning to Hermione and asking about some homework. I quietly slipped away and back inside the castle.

I looked at my watch, 1:24 in the afternoon. Slowly I started making my way to Dumbledore's office, giving myself time to organize in my head what I was going to say. The halls where surprisingly empty for a Saturday, usually they were crowded with students talking and making their way between their dorm and outside or looking for some secretive place to snog.

I whispered the password, which I had learned from Harry, to Dumbledore's door and watched it open up in front of me. I walked over to the doors that lead to his office and knocked loudly. I heard Dumbledore's voice sounded from inside the room, "Please, enter." I opened the door slowly, and before I could take three steps inside, Dumbledore spoke again, "You wish to replace Mr. Potter in the tournament?"

I stood there slightly shocked, "How do you know?" I asked. He simple winked at me and looked back down at the papers on his desk. "Er- yes. That is exactly what I would like to do. So... It's okay then?" I asked.

"I sent the official paperwork out this morning, Mr. Malfoy," He said.

"But how did you - what are you? A mind reader?" I asked.

Dumbledore chuckled, "Just an extraordinary headmaster. I have faith in you, Draco. You are not the evil that you may sometimes believe."

"Er- thank you sir." I said confusedly exiting the room. I poked my head back through the door completely leaving. “Oh, and you do know that pretty much everyone knows about the dragon's right? It's already floating all around school.”

“Of course I do.” Dumbledore said with a wink.

I gave one last straight face and nodded before making my way back to the common room. Now I just have to figure out how to beat a dragon...

------------

Author's note: Hey if you guys could follow me on instagram that you be great c: @Drarry_is_5ever I would really appreciate it and I would be more than happy to follow back! Thank you everyone for reading!