Chap. 5 ~ A Great Loss

Authors Note: I don't really know what I want to do with this chapter. I'm starting it because I'm extremely upset and I need something to occupy my brain. This chapter could end up happy or sad, I don't know yet. Well here it goes...

Chapter 5 ~ A Great Loss

Harry's POV

I woke up extremely tired today, I didn't get much sleep because I was out so late on my date with Draco. We didn't get in until about 3:00am, but I have to admit, it was worth it. I carried myself up to the great hall just in time for breakfast, I looked like more of a mess than usual because I woke up only ten minutes ago. Now that me and Draco are officialy together, it's time to break the news to Ron... At a safe distance... With the Help of Hermione.

I sat down across from Ron with Hermione next to me at breakfast. "Ron. I have to tell you something."

"Yeah mate?"

Very cautiously I let the words, "Well... I'm uhh... I'm gay." come out ever so quietly. But he still heard.

"You're what!?  You-you- stay away from me!" He shouted. "And It's Malfoy you like isn't it?! You're a freak! Don't talk to me anymore!" He got up and walked away. Hermione was following closely behind trying to talk sense into the upset Weasley.

I just sat here... Alone...

 -------------------------

Draco's POV

I saw Ron leave the Gryffindor table angry, with Hermione following him. Harry was still sitting at there at the table, It looked almost as if he was about to cry.  My heart sunk to the bottom of chest when I saw this because I knew what had just happened. I wanted to go over there and make everything okey, but with our situation it was impossible. I had to talk to him. I didn't care if people started to get suspicois, I'm going to go over there.

Harry's eyes widended when I came closer to him. "Come on Harry." I said trying not to be noticed very much. Harry got up and followed me. I led him into a broom closet just outside of the Great Hall, I locked the door using colloportus so nobody could enter and also put a silencing charm around us so we wouldn't be heard. Once all that was done, I locked Harry into a tight hug. He started sobbing into my robes and hugging me tighter. He nuzzled his face into my neck as he started to calm down, warm tears still silently running down his cheeks. He looked up at me, "Draco, I lost my bestfriend," he said quietly starting to cry again. "It's going to be okay. He will come around," I said trying to comfort him, but still new to the whole thing and not very good at it. "We don't have to go to class today Harry. I'll stay here with you untill you feel ok again if you like," I added. Harry gave his head the smallest nod in agreement. So we stayed.

Many hours past and Harry lay asleep on my chest and I sat up against the wall. Our hands were intertwined with each other and the heat radiating off of Harry's body almost had me sleeping as well. At this moment I realized that being in a relationship with this boy was going to hard, but I had a feeling we were going to pull through.

It was four in the afternoon when the Gryffindor awoke, but he didn't move from the spot he secured on my chest. He just lied there and wrapped his arms around my waist, I place my hand on his back and sat quietly. We stayed like that for the rest of the day until about seven at night when we emerged from the closet and went to our separate ways.

---------------------------

Harry's POV

Hermione and Ginny were the only two in the common room when I made it up there. I took a seat beside Ginny and looked at my feet. "I heard about you and Ron," Ginny said "Hermione told me. I talked to Ron and he promised not to tell. But he doesn't want much to do with you at the moment. Don't worry, he will come to senses eventually. I for one think its great that you're being yourself," exclaimed Ginny. "So where have you been?" Hermione added.

"I was with Draco." I explained.

"So, are you two dating now or something?" She questioned

"Yes."

"That's great, Harry! But I swear, if he's a jerk to any of us he's dead. Oh and don't worry, I won't tell. This stays between me, you, and Ginny." She said with a smile.

"Thanks Hermione," I said smiling faintly back.

"Now. This is the work you missed in class today." Hermione handed me a stack of books and paper that was big enough to be a small child. I worked for another few hours glancing at the clock every now and then. It was now 9:30, Hermione and Gin aready went up to their rooms, I put my books away and headed to my bed as well. To my luck, Ron was aready sleeping. I put on my pajamas and got into bed. I wasn't able to sleep for another hour or so still reflecting on todays events. My stomach churned with the thought of possibly loosing my best friend, but evened out a little knowing that I had also gained Draco. Getting drowsier I drifted off to sleep for the second time today.

Authors Note: Sorry this one is so short but I really wanted to get this out of the way. Harry and Draco are getting into quit a cute relationship don't you think? Lets hope it stays that way. Hope you enjoyed! Update soon!