Chap. 2 ~ The Confrontation

Authors Note: I know the last chapter was short I think this one will be longer.

Chapter 2 ~ The Confrontation

Draco's POV

I sat in the Great Hall watching the first years get sorted into their houses. We were gaining quit a few new Slytherins and our table was almost totally full. I peered over to the Gryffindors, who were also getting lots of new students, and right between the Hermione and Ron sat Harry as always. 

After hearing what I did just a few hours ago, I couldn't help but to stare at him. I was the one he liked after all... I had so many mixed emotions now: rage, confusion, and even a little flattery. It's been apparent for a while to me that I find guys attractive, maybe even as much as girls, but I would always brush it off or just ignore those thoughts. But now that a guy actually likes, even if it is stupid ol' Harry Potter, me it's getting harder to ignore. Maybe he won't be so awful this year, you know, considering he likes me and all; I should go ahead and ask him to hang out. He is my only option right now anyways. 

--------------------------

I waited in the hallway after the feast for Potter to walk out. I was still rehearsing in my head what I was going to say when I saw him pass by. I made sure nobody was paying attention, then I grabbed him by the wrist and pulled him off to the side.

"Dra-Malfoy! What are you doing? Let go of me!" He yelled.

"Cut the act Potter. I know you're gay and you like me" I replied.

All the color in his face drained as his eyes widened from shock. "H-how do you know?" Harry whispered.

"I heard you and the Granger girl talking on the train. But listen, that's not the reason I pulled you over here."

"Then what is?" The raven haired boy asked.

"This Saturday night, I want to meet you at the edge of the Forbidden Forest at 8:00 so we can talk. I figured that we might as well get to know each other a little better considering you like me. But don't flatter yourself Potter, I still hate you." I replied.

Harry just nodded in agreement and walked away.

----------------------------

Harry's POV

As soon as I got out of Draco's sight I starting running to my dormitory. Faster and faster, completely ignoring Ron and Hermione who were trying to get my attention. My head was spinning, I had no idea what just happened. I finally came to a halt at the Fat Lady realizing I didn't know the password yet, wondering how I could be so stupid not have asked Ron or Hermione the password when I had the chance. I just leaned against the wall and slid down it until I was sitting on the cold hard floor. I sat there for what felt like an eternity, pondering on what had happened between myself and Draco. If he really hated me so much then why would he want to get to know me better? Could it be that maybe Draco was gay? Just a little? This is all so confusing. I need to talk to someone.

--------------------------

Hermione and Ron finally caught up to me after the longest time of being alone on floor and let me inside the common room. I stayed in the common room full of people, mostly first years who were all chatting excitedly amongst themselves, with my bestfriends for a couple of hours until the room was almost empty. Ron eventually bid us goodnight as well and left me and Hermione on our own.

"Mione?" I said, knowing we were alone.

"Yeah? Is everything alright?" She replied looking up from the book she was reading, obviously picking up on the nervousness in my voice.

"Well Draco and I were talking after the feast and...."

"Yeaahhh??? Go on." She said confused.

"He knows I like him!" I yelled almost to loud. Worry clearly written on my face.

"WHAT?!" She replied almost louder than me. "How did he find out?" She brought herself back down to a whisper. 

"He heard us talking. And he wants to meet me at the edge of forest to "talk"and "get to know me better". I don't know what to do!"

She looked at me with many emotions running across her face. I saw fear, worry, confusion, and disbelief. I know she didn't know what to say to say next so I just hugged her goodnight and headed up to my dormitory as she made her way to hers.

I couldn't sleep for hours after laying in bed. His words 'we might as well get to know each other better' continued in my head for the whole night. What if he told the school about my feelings for him? I would never be able to face anybody, and if his father found out then I would be killed! Yet I couldn't help the feeling in back of my heart that this might actually go well.

I finally drifted off to sleep around 3:00 am. My dreams were filled with thoughts of Draco, some good and some bad. In first in my dream I had told Draco on the train that I liked him and he hexed me as Crabbe and Goyle laughed, but then my dream switched around and he had his arms around me hugging me tight saying he felt the same way. I woke up about four times that night from my constant shifting of drams and nightmares.

Authors Note: Ok. I think this chapter was slightly longer... I'm still working on getting them nice and long. That sounded wrong 'o' ... I hope you enjoyed! I will update soon!