Chap. 3 ~ Coming out

Authors Note: So I'm kind of dealing with some writers block at the moment so this may or may not be a very good chapter. But I shall try my best!!!

Chapter 3 ~ Coming out

Harry's POV

Saturday 5:00pm

My mind was still running. I was about to meet Draco in three hours at the edge of the Forbidden Forest to talk. I still could not comprehend that this was happening. My eyes felt heavy because I didn't sleep much last night and I probably wasn't going to sleep anytime soon.

I got in the shower and let the hot water run down my chest. My nerves began to die down a little so I could relax and I started to daydream.

Walking up to the edge of the forest I spotted him, looking as perfect as ever. He clearly saw me as well and smiled. He started to walk over to me as I was walking to him and he embraced me in a long warm hug. Finally releasing each other, I looked up into his beautiful blue eyes as he looked into mine and the next thing I know I could feel his soft lips press up against mine and we kissed passionately----

My dreams were ended when the water in the shower got cold, and I decided it was time to get out. I wrapped a towel around my waist and made my way to the clothes sitting on my bed. I had chosen a grey t-shirt with a black sweater and a pair of dark blue jeans to wear to my meeting with Malfoy. I slipped on my outfit and looked at the clock, the time was reading 6:30 pm. I decided I would leave around 7:30, so that gave me an hour to fix my hair the best I could and prepare myself for whatever might come when I go to see the blond.

 -------------------------

Draco's POV

I looked down at my pocket watch, it was 7:35, I decided to get out here early just in case Potter would be early as well. I've been standing out here for almost and hour though, I don't know why I decided to come this early.

While I was out here alone, I took some time to reflect on myself. I came to the conclusion that I definitely like guys, no matter how hard I tried to convince myself that I don't, but I was not falling for Potter. Not yet anyways. That would all depend on how well the meeting, or date, or whatever you want to call it, goes. 

It was just a few more minutes before I saw Potter walking closer; he did look rather good today. I tried to think of the all the things I hate the most about him, but somehow I couldn't think of one legitimate reason. I do NOT want to start forming a crush on him, but in light of recent events it is hard not to. Its like, coming out to myself meant that I could no longer control who I liked.

He finally stood right in front of me. His electric green eyes looked right into mine and I could feel the butterflies in my stomach. My mind went blank and I couldn't remember my reason for being here. Why is this happening? Why does it have to be Potter?

After a few minutes of awkward silence I manage to get my words out. "So, Potter... Would you mind telling me exactly what's going on in your head right now?"

"What do you mean what's going on in my head?! Being gay isn't a disea--," he said getting defensive before I cut him off. "That not what I meant scar head. I mean what's going on with you all of the sudden liking me?"

"Oh... I don't know. It just sort of just happened." He replied "I guess when I finally realized I was gay last year I started looking at everyone a little differently. You were always very attractive to me, but last year I started to really care for everything else about you, even if you were always a jerk to me."

Hearing that made my heart melt. Nobody has ever really cared for me. Maybe Potter actually wasn't as bad as I had always thought, maybe the possibility of liking him back wasn't so bad. Of course, I'm not going to tell anyone that. 

"So, so you want to go for a walk in the forest? I know that it's dark and all in there, but you're not exactly the kind of guy to say no to danger are you?"

"You're right, I'm not. I would love to go for a walk in there." He said back proudly.

We started making our way through the forest slowly, not really saying much to each other. I kept a firm eye on the raven haired boy the whole time, he didn't seem to notice. Every once in a while one of us would point out something interesting we had seen, or make a joke about something. I was actually enjoying spending this time with my enemy, more like former enemy I guess, and regretting being so mean to him.  It might not be so bad having some sort of friendship with him. "Harry?" I asked, not even realizing I called him by his first name.

"Yes Draco?" He said in a soft voice.

"Do you think we could be friends? I'm tired of always fighting you, You're not a bad guy." I said, the words slipping right out of my mouth like it was nothing.

"I would like that." He said smoothly.

"And just so you know, if you haven't already figured it out already, I like guys too."

With this Harry's eyes shot wide open. Staring at me he started to smile. I couldn't help but to smile back until reality hit me, and I said, "But we can't let anybody find out that we are friends. You can tell Granger if you like, but if the word gets out to my father or anybody else, I am dead. Literally dead."

"I won't tell." He promised me.

I leaned in and gave him a hug. It was awkward at first, but moments later it started to feel right, we fit together perfectly. I'm excited to see where this friendship leads us. Hopefully somewhere good sometime soon.

-------------------------

We walked back to the school together around midnight under his invisibility cloak, then separated after walking through the doors. I walked down to my dormitory in the dungeons, lied down in my bed and soon drifted off to sleep with a smile still plastered on my face.

Authors Note: I will update y'all again soon!