Chapter 34; The Plan

(Natsu's POV)

*•*The Next day*•*

I just got an idea in my sleep. Lucy and I aren't married yet. Plus we have a child already.

I decided to propose soon.

I woke up, Lucy was hugging my chest, sleeping. I smirked, oh Lucy. I caressed her hair. I just can't explain how much I love her.

Hmm..... I shouldn't wake her up yet. I should buy the engagement ring now. Lucy tossed to the other side, giving me a chance to sneak out. I quietly changed into half-dragon form, and flew out the window.

~At the jewelry shop~

I changed back into human form as I placed my feet on the concrete. I went inside, and the store was filled with silver and gold jewelry. There was a large selection. I looked through the glass, checking which one to buy.

Gee, all of them were beautiful. Which one to pick...... Hm.

Something shiny caught my eye. This one ring was gold, had one diamond on it, and you can engrave a name on it. I knew it was perfect.

"Can I get that one please?" I pointed at it as I told the clerk.

"Okay. What would you like you engrave on it?"

"Lucy." I grinned.

"What a nice name," the clerk took the ring out of the display case and started to engrave it with a machine.

"Yup. A beautiful name for my beautiful woman," I smirked. The clerk smiled back, the machine was done. She gestured me to the cashier, I followed.

"It'll be 80,000 jewel," the clerk said. Damn. It's for Lucy, so I'm buying it. I payed her, and she gave me a beautiful box with a ring in it.

"Thank you," I nodded and walked outside.

~A few minutes later~

(Lucy's POV)

My eyes fluttered open, I yawned.

"Good morning Lucy," Natsu grinned.

I smiled,"Good morning." I removed my head off his chest and onto his arm. I felt Natsu kiss me on the forehead.

"Why are you so happy today?" I asked.

"Whenever I'm with you, Lucy, I'm always happy." Natsu grinned. I blushed a bit and smiled back.

"Papa! Mama!" Nathan came flying to us with a large tray in his hands. Natsu and I took the tray.

"Eggs....and bacon? How did you make this?" I asked. Nathan smirked and made fire from his hands to tell me. "Oh! Nice job, Nathan. At least you didn't burn it like your father," I giggled a bit.

Natsu chuckled,"He must've gotten that from you." I slightly nodded and picked up a fork.

Natsu and I started eating some scrambled eggs and bacon. Natsu had a larger serving, of course.

~A few hours later~

(Natsu's POV)

"Lucy?" I asked. I was sitting on the couch while Lucy was taking care of Nathan.

"Yes?" Lucy turned to me.

"Can we...go on a little walk? Like.... Right now." I wanted to propose to her.

"Sure. But do we bring Nathan?"

"We can leave him at Levy's house for a bit. Hopefully that Iron Freak better take good care of my son." I crossed my arms.

"Okay," Lucy smiled.

~A few minutes later~

After we dropped off Nathan, Lucy and I walked to the beach. It's kinda almost getting dark, but a walk is fine.

"Natsu," Lucy mumbled.

"Hm?" I turned to her.

"Nothing......" Lucy mumbled. I think she is thinking of us getting married. I touched my vest pocket, the box was still there. Ugh. When is the right time? We arrived at the beach, and I stopped to look at the sunset.

"It's always beautiful. Like you, Lucy." I turned to her. The lighting on Lucy, was perfect. Her beautiful eyes, her shiny golden hair, everything...I just can't describe how much I love her. She was smiling that perfect smile.

"Natsu....," she mumbled. I walked closer to her, and gave her a kiss on the lips. She kissed back.

We pulled away,"Last one to the end of the beach has to get a hickey," I grinned.

Lucy smirked,"Deal." We both ran. And ran. I pretended to fall, and grunted loud enough for Lucy to notice.

"Natsu!" Lucy went up to me, and held out a hand,"Are you alright?"

"Actually, Lucy..." I kneeled onto one leg, and reached for the box inside my vest...........

((To be continued cx))