Chapter 10; A Confession

(Lucy's POV)

"The winner of Prom Queen is....." The man announced,

"Lucy Heartifila!"

I gasped, and put on a huge smile,"I-I won!"

"Congrats Lucy," Natsu grinned at me.

"Thank you," I turned to get up on the stage. Happy placed the crown on my head.

"Thank you," I smiled. Happy smirked back and nodded.

"And for Prom King, the winner is........" There was a sound of a drumroll.

"Natsu Dragneel!"

Everyone cheered. Natsu when on stage with his huge toothy grin. Happy placed a crown on Natsu.

"Give a hand to Natsu and Lucy!" Everyone cheered.

Natsu stood next to me,"Congrats King." I smirked.

"Thanks, Queen." Natsu replied with a grin. I blushed a bit. The music played again, and it was a slow song.

"We should get back to dancing," I headed toward the dancefloor.

I felt something grab my wrist,"Uh...can we do something else..?" I looked and Natsu was blushing.

"Sure. But what?" I asked.

"I wanna show you something. But no one else can see us..." I was really confused, what would Natsu want to show me?

~In the hallways~

Natsu took me outside of the gym. We stopped, and I was waiting for him to say something.

(Natsu's POV)

I never done this before.....how should I do it?

"Lucy.....I need to tell you something," I looked at her, and I can tell she was curious.

"I..........I." I could barely get any words out of my mouth. But I knew I could do it,

"Lucy....I...I love you."

I took out the bracelet. I was frozen, I was looking down at my shoes. It was really quiet. Does Lucy even love me back?

I felt the bracelet release my grip, Lucy accepted the bracelet.

"I love you too, Natsu." I looked up, and Lucy was smiling, she started forming tears.

"Wha-...Why are you crying?" I took a step forward to wipe Lucy's tear as it streamed down.

"I-it's nothing," Lucy wiped her other tear,"It's just....I never thought that you loved me back."

"I do, Lucy. I really, really love you." I wrapped my arms around her.

"And I love you too, Natsu." Lucy hugged me back.

"Can you be my girlfriend?" I asked after a bit of silence.

"Of course. I'd do anything for you," We broke the hug. I was staring into her beautiful brown eyes, and she stared back at mine. This is our chance, no distractions, nobody nearby to interrupt. I held her cheek, and pulling it towards me, as i slowly closed my eyes. Closer, and closer. Our lips met. Finally. For the first time. Lucy kissed me back. We both heard squealing. We both pulled away, and it was those girls again from the newspaper club.

"S-sorry, Luka gets a little loud when we fangirl." The leader apologized.

"It's fine. How long have you been standing there?" I asked.